Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

First apartment.

Posted by on May. 7, 2015 at 1:03 PM
  • 31 Replies
I've always lived in a house/town home (mostly with family) I put myself though nursing school with an 18 month old.My husband and I are moving to our own apartment next Friday (15th).

We'll be on the 2nd floor (top)
2bed 2bath for 1175 a month.
Well have a family under us the service guy across the way and under them a special needs child with a pitbull as a service dog (I'm fine with pits)

I'm 20 DH is 21

How was your first home as a family?
Have you ever lived in an apartment and have weird people around you?
by on May. 7, 2015 at 1:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
by on May. 7, 2015 at 1:06 PM
Our first apartment was a cute 2 bedroom over a store. We weren't married or parents yet.

I grew up in apartments or rented houses.

We own now though.
by Anonymous 1 on May. 7, 2015 at 1:07 PM
My first apartment was when I was single. It was a 1bed/1bath. I paid 395/mo. It was a great place. It was ground floor. My neighbors were great. It was an adult only complex.

We bought a house right after we got engaged and began to fix it up. Moved from the apartment to the house 6 months after we were married. We still live here now. It is a 3bed/1bath home in a very small town. Great place for a family. Our home is paid off.
by Silver Member on May. 7, 2015 at 1:08 PM
Congratulations on your new place!!!
by Anonymous 2 on May. 7, 2015 at 1:46 PM

We still live in apartments (6yrs now) we're saving up for a home next year
Our complex is pretty big and we do have some weirdo's
The lady in the building across from us is SUPER nosy...she always seems to need to smoke EVERY single time I go outside for either she is a serious chain smoker or she just wants to see whats up

At out last apartment the guy below us hated us...he said we were too loud...but I have never had that complaint before or after so I think he was just a butt

I like apartment life for the most part....I love that when my washer broke I called and within a few hours they brought a new one up at no cost to me :)

by Sapphire Member on May. 7, 2015 at 1:49 PM
We each had our own apartments when we were dating and bought a house after we got married. Through out my life I lived in a few apartments when I single.
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on May. 7, 2015 at 1:51 PM

I hate apartments.....after living in them for years and years. Hopefully you will have nice quiet neighbors

by Evil Food Lady on May. 7, 2015 at 1:56 PM
Upstairs apartment ~ 2 bedrooms and 1 bathroom. My rent was 365. It was based on my income so when I switched jobs it went down. Then after my health made me unable to work and made me physically unable to walk up the stairs, they moved me downstairs plus I only had to pay like 50 a month for rent. I also got an electric allowance each month while I lived there when I was disabled.
by Anonymous 3 on May. 7, 2015 at 2:04 PM
We lived in our 1st apartment for about 6 months when we were both 19. It was a 2bd/2bath for $1160. It wasn't a good experience. When we were moving out the neighbors in the apartment above us got their work vehicle broken in about 2 days after they moved their stuff in and apparently our apartment got broken into before us.
by Platinum Member on May. 7, 2015 at 2:08 PM

We lived in two apartments before we moved into our townhouse. I actually like apartment living, to be honest! Not having to worry about repairs or lawn upkeep is great. We've picked nicer (more expensive) complexes so that the people and management aren't an issue. Our only complaint was space (with three boys, there's never enough, lol!). That's why we moved to the townhouse (which we do rent, not own). The only reason we've opted to rent for so long is just because we weren't sure where we wanted to put down roots. We lived in FL, which we hated, which is why we never bought a house there. When we moved to Texas, we weren't sure which areas were good for our family. Now that we've been here a few years, we know where we want to be and will likely finally buy a house in the upcoming year or so.

by Anonymous 4 on May. 7, 2015 at 2:11 PM
I wish we still lived in that double. The bills were so my cheaper. We screwed up when we moved back in with my bitch of a mom.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)