Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

why does everyone leave me?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 42 Replies
I know most of you will say if everyone fucks you off or leaves you, there's something wrong with you (me.) In some circumstances I can agree to that, but most I cant. I know people grow older, wiser and apart from one another, but why does it seem like everyone leaves me? Friends, family, romantic partners..

I honestly DONT know what I am doing wrong. This last person who took themselves out of my life really got me thinking about it. I just don't understand. :(
Posted by Anonymous on May. 7, 2015 at 1:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 7, 2015 at 1:17 PM
It's you.
NBVP1
by Gold Member on May. 7, 2015 at 1:17 PM
I can really relate. It's hard not to feel like it reflects on me. I haven't been able to figure out the why, but I've gradually grown to expect less and less from everyone. I don't want to incorporate someone in my life and then have to fill that void when they leave.
CorpCityGrl
by Ruby Member on May. 7, 2015 at 1:18 PM

Take a step back and re-assess. What are the reasons that people seem to be leaving you?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 7, 2015 at 1:18 PM
I have the same problem but my df has opened my eyes to why they were my friends in the first place since then I no longer talk to them and only have 2 true friends which suck bc both live 2 hours away
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 7, 2015 at 1:21 PM
Look inward. Either you are difficult or you befriend people with issues. Either way--- change must happen
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 7, 2015 at 1:25 PM
I honestly wish I knew what *I* can do. I want a big group of friends and family, but it seems like every time I meet new people, it goes to shit after a month or so. I don't know what to do to make it better.

I always tell myself to expect nothing. But I still have the hope inside me. I give people third, forth and fifth chsnces because I do think people can change, but they always prove that wrong.

Quoting NBVP1: I can really relate. It's hard not to feel like it reflects on me. I haven't been able to figure out the why, but I've gradually grown to expect less and less from everyone. I don't want to incorporate someone in my life and then have to fill that void when they leave.
PogoPalOj
by on May. 7, 2015 at 1:26 PM

Have you sought counseling?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 7, 2015 at 1:27 PM
Stop expecting things from people and you won't have problems. Stop giving chances too. Not worth it.

Quoting Anonymous 1: I honestly wish I knew what *I* can do. I want a big group of friends and family, but it seems like every time I meet new people, it goes to shit after a month or so. I don't know what to do to make it better.

I always tell myself to expect nothing. But I still have the hope inside me. I give people third, forth and fifth chsnces because I do think people can change, but they always prove that wrong.

Quoting NBVP1: I can really relate. It's hard not to feel like it reflects on me. I haven't been able to figure out the why, but I've gradually grown to expect less and less from everyone. I don't want to incorporate someone in my life and then have to fill that void when they leave.
angl_gurl1
by on May. 7, 2015 at 1:27 PM

i dont think its really u. most people are just out to get one thing or another and they will use anyone to get what they want. once they get what they want then they drop u.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 7, 2015 at 1:27 PM
I've tried that and I honestly don't know. Like I said, I know in a few circumstances I can see why, but a lot I can't when I look back. Maybe I try to hard.

Quoting CorpCityGrl:

Take a step back and re-assess. What are the reasons that people seem to be leaving you?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)