Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I swear... she hurt him again.......uggh

Posted by on May. 7, 2015 at 1:26 PM
  • 25 Replies

My oldest grandson is 9.  His dad is not in the picture at all  (good thing he's worthless)  He doesn't even know his bio dad,  last time he saw him he was 6 months.  So,  my dd bf and father to her younger two and the one she is pregnant with now, has always been "dad".  (long story)  Well "dad" has a sister who my dd has ocassionally asked to babysit the kids and she usually will, but it doesn't come without hurting one or more of the kids feelings.   She pretty backstabbish....  she will say things in front of the kids, not thinking that they are even paying attention.. (she doesn't have kids, so she knows not of the sponges that kids are..)

Weekend before last my dd asked this sister if she would be willing to take the oldest to Karate on Wednesday (last week)  which she agree to do.  (because dad was working out of town)  So, on the way to Karate in the car, the sister is speaking to her husband,  made the comment "I guess I signed up to take (gs name here) to Karate"  Like she was put out.  while my gs was in the car with her.  I asked him if he thought she was trying to be funny,  he said no, she was totally serious.  THEN.  she didn't even go in the building with him.  She sat in her car for the entire class, which is only 45 mins, but still.  I can't say for sure that she even stayed there in the parking lot.  she could have easily left and come back.  which I am not comfortable with at all.    

It's almost like because he is not her brothers bio son, that she treats him completely different.  If she would have taken his younger brother to his T-ball game that night, she would have been all over it, taking pictures, posting them all over FB bragging about him.....  my oldest gs has been a part of his "dad's" family for 8-1/2 years.  I just don't understand how just this one sister has to keep making him feel like an outsider.    I really want to confront her about it, but she's really not worth my breath.  i told my gs that I was sorry she said and did that to him.  He told me it was ok, he's such a good kid.  my dd said she will never again ask this sister for any help.  It just kills me because even though he said it was ok, I can tell that it really hurt his feelings, and that is not okay with me....

by on May. 7, 2015 at 1:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
nybor48
by Bronze Member on May. 7, 2015 at 1:39 PM

bump

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on May. 7, 2015 at 1:41 PM
1 mom liked this

Talk to your DD and have her talk to the sister or better yet tell her to ask someone else help out with the children instead of this twat

sheramom4
by Emerald Member on May. 7, 2015 at 1:44 PM
2 moms liked this

Why couldn't she leave and come back for karate? Baseball is on an open field...karate is in a safe and secure building and they instructors (if you have done the proper vetting) are background checked and finger-printed. The other children sound like they are younger. This grandchild is 9 and capable of handling 45 minutes without direct supervision. 

As far as her comment....I get "voluntold" to do things for my nieces and nephews on a regular basis and make the same sarcastic comments. I love them and I don't mind taking them places but it sometimes feels unappreciated and my sarcasm button turns on. Maybe her husband was frustrated and wanted her home. Maybe her husband is tired of her "helping out" on a regular basis. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 7, 2015 at 1:45 PM
Why couldn't your Dd take the child?
bluebunnybabe
by kid crack dealer on May. 7, 2015 at 1:47 PM
Honestly, it's really not your place to say something. Your daughter should stop asking her to babysit.
angl_gurl1
by on May. 7, 2015 at 1:51 PM
1 mom liked this

dont let her babysit anymore, she sounds like a bitch. if it was me id confront and she definately wouldnt like what i had to say

DarksMama
by Ruby Member on May. 7, 2015 at 2:03 PM
1 mom liked this
Mom needs to get in her shit about her running off at the mouth in front of the kid, and stop including her in anything until she can treat all the kids equally.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 7, 2015 at 2:25 PM
I don't personally see anything wrong with what she said. Or with her leaving him at karate. I think you may be being overly sensitive. The reality is that her brother isn't your grandson's father. She will likely never have the same bond with him as she does the siblings. It isn't her fault that your grandson doesn't have a father. Also, your daughter isn't even married to this guy, either?
nybor48
by Bronze Member on May. 7, 2015 at 4:02 PM

dd was at work.  i had the younger two because i was off work earlier, and the sister took the older child because his class was later and she got off work later.    if dad would have been in town, everything would have worked out just fine....

Quoting Anonymous 1: Why couldn't your Dd take the child?

nybor48
by Bronze Member on May. 7, 2015 at 4:12 PM

nope. dd isn't married to him.  Why does that matter...  ?  and nope not being over sensitive.  and he does have a dad.  this sisters brother has taken him in an treated him like he was his own since he was a baby.    she was being a bitch because she forgot she agreed to take him.  so she has to make her snide comments in front of him.

Quoting Anonymous 2: I don't personally see anything wrong with what she said. Or with her leaving him at karate. I think you may be being overly sensitive. The reality is that her brother isn't your grandson's father. She will likely never have the same bond with him as she does the siblings. It isn't her fault that your grandson doesn't have a father. Also, your daughter isn't even married to this guy, either?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)