Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I always swore I would take this to the grave but now I'm not so sure

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 61 Replies

Now that I am terminal I'm not sure what to do. I have cancer and there is nothing they can do for me.

Anyway here is the story. 25 years ago I was 16 and with my best friend. We were out riding around in his car. I didn't have a DL at the time but I talked him into letting me drive his car. I don't remember many details from the accident but I was told the car was going about 15 over the speed limit. For some reason (it was never determined exactly what happened) the car went down an embankment and rolled several times. We were both ejected from the car. He died and I was in a coma for a week.

Anyway it was assumed he was the one driving because it was his car. I was a scared 16 year old so I just let them believe that. I am the only one who knows the truth. Well now I'm not sure if I shouldn't confess to his family. Has to much time passed? Should I just leave it be? I don't want to reopen old wounds, kwim? So my question if it was your son or brother would you want to know the truth?

Posted by Anonymous on May. 7, 2015 at 2:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 7, 2015 at 2:19 PM
No
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 7, 2015 at 2:19 PM

Nope.  Keep that shit to yourself.  Don't open wounds.

momngram
by Ruby Member on May. 7, 2015 at 2:20 PM

I'd let it rest.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 7, 2015 at 2:20 PM
1 mom liked this

Just leave it be. No one needs to know. 

Momwifewine
by on May. 7, 2015 at 2:21 PM
I wouldn't say anything.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on May. 7, 2015 at 2:21 PM
I honestly don't think it would do anything but hurt them. It won't bring him back, it won't change anything at all really except give them someone to blame.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on May. 7, 2015 at 2:21 PM
Keep it to yourself...
angl_gurl1
by on May. 7, 2015 at 2:21 PM

i would keep it to myself, theres no point in opening old wounds that have healed

Seagodess
by Emerald Member on May. 7, 2015 at 2:21 PM

I would say keep it to yourself. It would reopen wounds and could cause a whole other world of problems.

Tea_Love
by Silver Member on May. 7, 2015 at 2:21 PM

I don't think i would want to know. I try to follow ' we made amends to those we had harmed except when to do so would injure them or others.'

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)