Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

This lady has lost her mind....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 22 Replies

My daughter told a few of the families at our church that she was looking for work as a Mother's Helper this summer. She is 13 and very good with kids and helping around the house.

She had two people call her. 

One wants her to work 8-3 each Mon - Thurs and will pay her $100/week.  I told her that since I have to be at work before that she would either need to pick up DD or I would need to drop her off at 7.  No problem she said she would pick her up.  This lady has a 4 year old and an 15 month old.

Now the crazy one.  She wants DD to work 7-6 each day.  Three kids under three.  $5/day.  Oh...and she wants every other Saturday.

When DD took the first job...the second lady said that $5 a day is good money and DD is being greedy and selfish.  Not the way to get my kid to work for you.  I also am not going to let her work 11 hour days during her summer.  She has other things going on besides working.  Also weekends are not happening.  We have several weekend trips planned. 

Posted by Anonymous on May. 7, 2015 at 2:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Djinn83
by Platinum Member on May. 7, 2015 at 2:28 PM

Yeah... No. If she wants a professional nanny then she needs to hire one.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 7, 2015 at 2:28 PM
That's ridiculous. Even the $100 isn't much depending on how much she is doing. $5 a day? No way.
AlwaysKISA
by Ruby Member on May. 7, 2015 at 2:28 PM
Lol she's out of her damn mind! She'll realize that when no one takes her up on her "offer"!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 7, 2015 at 2:29 PM
That's a very interesting concept.
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on May. 7, 2015 at 2:30 PM
1 mom liked this

Cheapo wanted to get over on your DD....she is nuttier than a fruit cake

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 7, 2015 at 2:30 PM
What kind of idiots do you go to church with?
CapeCodMommyof3
by on May. 7, 2015 at 2:31 PM
I agree the second lady is definitely cray-cray
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 7, 2015 at 2:31 PM

Quoting Anonymous 2: That's ridiculous. Even the $100 isn't much depending on how much she is doing. $5 a day? No way.

The lady is providing my dd a SeaWorld season pass, a museum pass, and a zoo pass.  She is letting her keep them to use with us or friends.  Mostly she just wants dd for when they are out and about.  Trips like to the park, Children's Museum, Zoo, pool, splash pad, and other things.  She asked to take her to Dallas for a few days...I am debating that one.

Leissaintexas
by Emerald Member on May. 7, 2015 at 2:32 PM
I guess she doesn't realize that in some areas, its illegal for a child that so work a certain amount of hours a week.
Seagodess
by Emerald Member on May. 7, 2015 at 2:32 PM
1 mom liked this

Wow. That lady is stingy. $5 for 11 hours.... uh NO.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)