Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breasts feeding in restaurants

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 23 Replies
Or be welcomed. My DH and I are thinking about opening a restaurant. We are just kicking the idea around really. I told dh there should be a nursing room, for those mom's who wanted to bf but were too self conscious to sit at the table to do so. Yes any one who wanted to bf could in the dining room. I would hate to see a mom not comfortable sitting in the dining room go to the bathroom to nurse. What do you think?
Posted by Anonymous on May. 7, 2015 at 3:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 7, 2015 at 3:04 PM

I think it would be a good idea. When I worked at Ikea, they had a nursing room. It was so pretty in there. They had changing areas with wipes and diapers, big comfy rocking chairs, bottle warmers, soft lighting........you name it, it was in there.

redneckmama4
by Loree on May. 7, 2015 at 3:10 PM
2 moms liked this
It might be nice in retail but when I go out to eat with family, I want to eat with family. If a woman is that uncomfortable, then she should make accommodations for herself.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 7, 2015 at 3:11 PM
I stated that bf in the dining room was fine.

Quoting redneckmama4: It might be nice in retail but when I go out to eat with family, I want to eat with family. If a woman is that uncomfortable, then she should make accommodations for herself.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 7, 2015 at 3:11 PM
I honestly don't know how much it would be used. I think most moms either nurse or bring a bottle. I don't think many would leave their dinner to go nirse.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 7, 2015 at 3:13 PM
I know several women who would use it.

Quoting Anonymous 3: I honestly don't know how much it would be used. I think most moms either nurse or bring a bottle. I don't think many would leave their dinner to go nirse.
Glitter_Shart
by Gold Member on May. 7, 2015 at 3:13 PM
its a good idea. Put tvs in the room :)
alexsmomma06
by Ruby Member on May. 7, 2015 at 3:14 PM

I think its a great option

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 7, 2015 at 3:15 PM
Then do it. I was always a public nurser who didn't care and the moms I know who nursed were the same. Where we live it may be more acceptable. Even in our church most of the women just nurse and don't use the nursing room.

Quoting Anonymous 1: I know several women who would use it.
Quoting Anonymous 3: I honestly don't know how much it would be used. I think most moms either nurse or bring a bottle. I don't think many would leave their dinner to go nirse.
redneckmama4
by Loree on May. 7, 2015 at 3:18 PM
I know it is, legally, and I do!

You wanted opinions and mine is it would probably be a waste of time and money to focus so much on accommodatin' those few who are too shy or whatnot to bf in public.

Quoting Anonymous 1: I stated that bf in the dining room was fine.

Quoting redneckmama4: It might be nice in retail but when I go out to eat with family, I want to eat with family. If a woman is that uncomfortable, then she should make accommodations for herself.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 7, 2015 at 3:19 PM

Personally, I wouldn't use it. I find it much more conspicuous to get up and leave the table to nurse than to just nurse right there at the table. I'm sure there are women who would enjoy that.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)