Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you call the principal?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 4 Replies

I am trying to get a transfer approved for my daughter. It is at the principal who is the final approving authority. She has good grades, no discipline issues, and has only missed a few days of school. 

The school she is zoned for is in the ghetto and we are about to move so I want to get her into this school instead of starting her on one and then moving her to another.

I am involved in her current school and do a lot of volunteering.  This school has amazing ratings.  Also...her best friends go to that school.

Posted by Anonymous on May. 7, 2015 at 3:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
witzandglitz
by Queen Lollipop on May. 7, 2015 at 3:11 PM
I had to petition the school board for permission to go outside our zone. I would call.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 7, 2015 at 3:27 PM

Why are you trying to transfer her with only a month or less left of school?
just wait til you move and then sign her up at the new school

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 7, 2015 at 3:31 PM

This is for next year.  We won't move until after school starts.  If I get her approved she won't have to switch schools even when we move to a new house,  I just need to make sure the house is in the same high school area.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Why are you trying to transfer her with only a month or less left of school?just wait til you move and then sign her up at the new school

jabs54
by Ruby Member on May. 7, 2015 at 3:33 PM

Since you're moving I would hope they would let her go to the school in the new district.  It would be a shame to have to switch schools.  Good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)