Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Interesting additions to chicken broth

Posted by on May. 7, 2015 at 3:14 PM
  • 24 Replies

I have LITERALLY consumed gallons of chicken broth over the past two weeks since I can't really keep solid food down,  yes, I've been to the doctor, I have pneumonia.  I got an antibiotic shot, am taking oral antibiotics plus prednisone and an albuterol inhaler.  Despite the prescribed nausea medication, solids just aren't working well right now.

I love chicken broth, and when I'm sippi g it, I can feel it opening everything up and making breathing easier.  But I'm getting bored.  I've added lemon juice and lime juice.  I've added Malt Salt.  Currently I'm drinking a cup laced with Pickle Salt, it's delicious.  But the only things I've been able to come up with are sour, delicious, but now I'm getti g tired of that flavor as well.  

Do you have anything cool you add to chicken broth to spice it up?

by on May. 7, 2015 at 3:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
redneckmama4
by Loree on May. 7, 2015 at 3:43 PM
Cayenne pepper. Turmeric.
ivy801
by Big Mama on May. 7, 2015 at 3:45 PM
Smoked paprika
wickedfiress
by Platinum Member on May. 7, 2015 at 3:46 PM
Any seasoning you want.

Do you like tomato soup? Have you tried that?
ilikeCatClaws
by on May. 7, 2015 at 3:47 PM
Salsa Valentina?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 7, 2015 at 3:49 PM

The original flavor Mrs. Dash.

MenopauseManiac
by Ruby Member on May. 7, 2015 at 3:52 PM

Oh!  Smoked paprika sounds great!  

MenopauseManiac
by Ruby Member on May. 7, 2015 at 3:55 PM
1 mom liked this

I know, I'm just having a hard time coming up with spices and combinations.  My head is fuzzy as hell from this crap.  I think I'll get some tomato soup when I go get my son from school later.  I couldn't come up with any soups that sounded good, except chicken broth, but that actually sounds inviting.  I need to remember to buy Worcestershire sauce as well, my favorite in tomato soup.

Quoting wickedfiress: Any seasoning you want. Do you like tomato soup? Have you tried that?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 7, 2015 at 4:04 PM
All that sodium can't be good for you. I hope you get better soon
fairymom82
by Ruby Member on May. 7, 2015 at 4:31 PM
I add fresh ground ginger , a dabble of honey and a dash of garlic. I have been very ill from kidney disease for yrs and am currently allowed liquids only with my feeding tube. I have tons of recipes for broth lol. Another awesome combo is sea salt, smoked paprika and Chinese five spice :) with a dash of hot sauce.
fairymom82
by Ruby Member on May. 7, 2015 at 4:33 PM
Crap, forgot my favorite soup of all, pureed butter squash, thinned with veggie or chicken broth, 3 tsp real maple syrup per soup bowl, a pat of sweet cream butter and a little ginger. I use a stick blender to make it silky smooth. Hope you feel better.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)