Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

This Mother's day can suck it.

Posted by on May. 7, 2015 at 3:16 PM
  • 10 Replies
Mother's day will be my first one with ds and I know I should be excited about that (I have a dd8 so it isn't my very first but it is with him) it also happens to fall on my birthday so to me that would normally be a plus.
Unfortunately my mom passed away unexpectedly last September and it'll be my first Mother's day and birthday with out her and that seems to be all I can think about.
I've always loved my birthday too, I start counting down like two weeks before and make sure everyone knows it's coming, lol, I just can't this year. Hopefully next year will be better.
by on May. 7, 2015 at 3:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
krise
by Bronze Member on May. 7, 2015 at 3:18 PM
1 mom liked this

**HUGS**

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 7, 2015 at 3:19 PM
1 mom liked this

Your mother would be pissed that you can't celebrate yourself as a mother and the mother that she was.  Your mom lived her life so now its your turn.  Honor your mother and live it up.  You've earned it.

jennierenna
by Silver Member on May. 7, 2015 at 3:33 PM
Quoting Anonymous 1:

Your mother would be pissed that you can't celebrate yourself as a mother and the mother that she was.  Your mom lived her life so now its your turn.  Honor your mother and live it up.  You've earned it.

Your reply made me smile, thanks.
DallasCowboys81
by Don't live in Texas! on May. 7, 2015 at 3:34 PM
Sorry for you loss. **Hugs** and happy mothers day, bday anyways. :(
Seagodess
by Emerald Member on May. 7, 2015 at 3:35 PM

I'm sorry for your loss. Try to focus on your kids. Plan something fun with them to help take your mind off of it.

jabs54
by Ruby Member on May. 7, 2015 at 3:36 PM

I'm so sorry :(

(((hugs)))

Squat2pee
by on May. 7, 2015 at 3:37 PM

I'm sorry for your loss! My MIL just passed away on April 4th so I understand. This Mother's Day is going to be tough.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 7, 2015 at 3:38 PM
She made me cry lol. Cause I am like you and probably wouldn't want to if I was in your shoes but she made it sound so much better

Have a little cry and then dust off and enjoy the day. Your mom would want you to

Quoting jennierenna:
Quoting Anonymous 1:

Your reply made me smile, thanks.
mes_deux_amours
by Ruby Member on May. 7, 2015 at 3:39 PM
I'm sorry :( that's hard. Try to live on though. Honor your mom on Mother's Day, but also enjoy it because it's so your day.

💐
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 7, 2015 at 4:38 PM
My moms been gone almost 17 years. Mothers day will always make you sad in a way, believe me. Your mom would WANT you to enjoy this day with your children and enjoy your bday too! I have young adult kids and if something happened to me i would be so sad thinking of them not enjoying holidays and bdays anymore. Honor your mom by trying to enjoy your life, she would most def want that. Hugs! Ive been there.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)