Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cussing in the classroom...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 5 Replies
I teach 1st grade and this year I have a little girl that cusses like a sailor. It wasn't terrible earlier in the year and I thought we were making headway on the issue with taking away recess and other things. She was suspended for one day last semester because of it and it all it pretty much quits after that. Till last month. Now it's "F... This and F... That". We have a male student teacher helping out in our classrooms this semester and today she called him a "f...ing f....t (negative term for a gay person). When I said we were going to the principal's office she told me to "shut the f...up bitch..." So of course the principal got involved and called her parents. Her parents actually thought it was funny and said it wasn't a big deal. And then threaten to sue the schook when the principal suspended her for 5 days. I know she only 7 and she has to be hearing it at home but we cannot have a student using that language (especially calling names at other people) in our classrooms. Do you think 5 days was too much?
Posted by Anonymous on May. 7, 2015 at 4:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 7, 2015 at 4:10 PM
Bump
clctalking2015
by Member on May. 7, 2015 at 4:13 PM
Not enough!! That's crazy!! I'd flip out.
witzandglitz
by Queen Lollipop on May. 7, 2015 at 4:14 PM
1 mom liked this
The parents probably swear so much that they don't know they are doing it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 7, 2015 at 4:16 PM
These are the type of families teachers deal with yet everyone wants to blame the schools and teachers. It is such bs. Nothing will change until parenting changes.
kaysha
by Ruby Member on May. 7, 2015 at 4:16 PM
Nope. That language doesn't belong in school or coming out of the mouth of a child.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)