Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What does a dead modem and a dog have in common?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 0 Replies

Just when I thought it was safe to go outside, my 1995 modem died.  At 3 am in the middle of a movie on Netflix.  GRRRR   I call WOW! (which WAS Knology) and asked what the drive through hours are?  drum roll please...............................  WOW! CLOSED the drive thru window! 

NOT dancing the Happy Dance!  Because I am still getting over a woman in the base commissary wanting to know what my service dog does, NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS, I am still on edge.  It has been two months since I have had the ability and courage to go to the base commissary.  Mr. B was out of Milkbones and that is an 'arrestable' offense in HIS book!

So I call FOUR times to ask if there is someone who can meet me in my car, or can they give the staff a heads up that I have to come with my service dog.  Which, legally, I don't have to do, but I don't need anyone going bat shit crazy on me, I just cannot handle it.  On the FIFTH call I asked to speak to a supervisor, NOBODY from the main number can talk to anyone in the local offices.  I finally get someone to use the technology they sell, email the local office that I will need a new modem and I will have a dog with me.  Sure enough, there is a woman who will freak out if I come in with a dog.  Any dog.  She hates dogs.  The lobby is an open area and just like at the bank, there is NO WAY my dog can jump a 6 FOOT counter to get to the people behind the counter.   Thankfully, that employee was at lunch, so if I cam within the hour, I will be able to get in and out quickly, with no headaches.  Just to give you an idea of how slow that office runs, 4 tellers/clerks, me and one other customer in the entire building.  

I have my new modem, works great.  I don't think I could get through anymore days without my internet connection.  I use a laptop 99% of the time because my iPhone 5S is too small to read anything on.  An expensive toy. 

I hope I can calm down.  I took a happy pill and Barker is snoozing on the couch.

Posted by Anonymous on May. 7, 2015 at 4:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)