Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you divorce your overzealous Christian husband over this?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 64 Replies
He keeps saying our child's bad behavior is a demon that needs to be casted out.

Instead of seeking intervention for his coping skills, he thinks praying over my child with oil will remove the "attitude"

He thinks people choose to be gay and can be delivered from homosexuality by prayer.

He wasn't always this way but he's gotten worse. I'm getting so sick of him and his bullshit. What would you do?
Posted by Anonymous on May. 7, 2015 at 4:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Lillibella
by Ruby Member on May. 7, 2015 at 4:36 PM
2 moms liked this

Well, it's hard for me to say, as I would have never married a highly religious man in the first place, but you knew his beliefs. Now, if he were being harmful to my children, and that includes emotionally and mentally, I would definitely leave. I would say the same to anyone whose child was being treated poorly and was in danger. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 7, 2015 at 4:37 PM
Kids have been killed by exorcisms.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 7, 2015 at 4:38 PM
1 mom liked this
I said above HE WAS NOT ALWAYS THIS WAY" so no, it's not a matter of "You knew how he was when you married him". People change as you know. He WASNT like this when we married at first

Quoting Lillibella:

Well, it's hard for me to say, as I would have never married a highly religious man in the first place, but you knew his beliefs. Now, if he were being harmful to my children, and that includes emotionally and mentally, I would definitely leave. I would say the same to anyone whose child was being treated poorly and was in danger. 

morgiefae
by on May. 7, 2015 at 4:38 PM

I couldn't be with someone like that, DH is an atheist, and we have very similar morals.  I would not subject myself to someone that is like that. If he became Christian, i could deal with that. but what you are discribing is something that is completely crazy

cybcm
by Ruby Member on May. 7, 2015 at 4:38 PM
2 moms liked this
Once possessed by demon talk starts I'd be leaving, it's just too much of a risk.
theResidentCat
by on May. 7, 2015 at 4:38 PM

tell him he has taken the possession of the devil into himself.

Shauna79
by Gold Member on May. 7, 2015 at 4:39 PM
2 moms liked this
Homosexuality beliefs like that are common in the church. As for your "possessed" child...you should be very concerned!!! I'd be afraid to leave my child alone with dh if he believed that. What kind of church does he attend?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 7, 2015 at 4:39 PM
3 moms liked this
I told him he was crazy and possibly mentally unstable.

Quoting morgiefae:

I couldn't be with someone like that, DH is an atheist, and we have very similar morals.  I would not subject myself to someone that is like that. If he became Christian, i could deal with that. but what you are discribing is something that is completely crazy

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 7, 2015 at 4:39 PM
Non-denominational

Quoting Shauna79: Homosexuality beliefs like that are common in the church. As for your "possessed" child...you should be very concerned!!! I'd be afraid to leave my child alone with dh if he believed that. What kind of church does he attend?
DensHag
by Ruby Member on May. 7, 2015 at 4:40 PM
1 mom liked this
I couldn't stay with someone like that. I think it would be harmful to my child and I couldn't allow that to happen.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)