Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Job Change?

Posted by on May. 7, 2015 at 5:18 PM
  • 7 Replies
Has anyone ever switched jobs while pregnant? What's your take on the idea? Opinions greatly needed. If the job pays more and is better would you change companies or wait until after giving birth to change jobs? The benefits from the current job is great. What say ye?
by on May. 7, 2015 at 5:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
BeachLifeMama
by Beachy on May. 7, 2015 at 5:19 PM
No. Here's a bump.
drowningmama
by on May. 7, 2015 at 5:22 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SRUsarahSC
by Ruby Member on May. 7, 2015 at 5:22 PM
1 mom liked this

My friend did at 4 months pregnant.  The insurance was better, the pay was better, and since it was to a health insurance company their FMLA and short term disability kicked in at 90 days.  The big thing is the FMLA protection....some places you have to be there a year to qualify which means your new job may replace when you leave to have the baby.

Shedabeada
by New Member on May. 7, 2015 at 5:25 PM

Quoting SRUsarahSC:

My friend did at 4 months pregnant.  The insurance was better, the pay was better, and since it was to a health insurance company their FMLA and short term disability kicked in at 90 days.  The big thing is the FMLA protection....some places you have to be there a year to qualify which means your new job may replace when you leave to have the baby.

I greatly appreciate the advice/ information. I think the thing that I was mostly concerned about were the benefits and the timing of them kicking in. I know most places give it a 6 month rule and others are the 90 days. This gives me another thing to consider, because not all places of employ are the same with that. I already have the short term dissability with Aflac that I signed up for last year and renewed this year.

SRUsarahSC
by Ruby Member on May. 7, 2015 at 5:35 PM
1 mom liked this

It's a huge thing to consider. My friend asked for a copy of their HR policies etc during initial interviews, saying she wanted to educate herself in the company, so she could find out without revealing her pregnancy.  It turned out the lady who hired her could tell anyways.

Quoting Shedabeada:

Quoting SRUsarahSC:

I greatly appreciate the advice/ information. I think the thing that I was mostly concerned about were the benefits and the timing of them kicking in. I know most places give it a 6 month rule and others are the 90 days. This gives me another thing to consider, because not all places of employ are the same with that. I already have the short term dissability with Aflac that I signed up for last year and renewed this year.

Shedabeada
by New Member on May. 15, 2015 at 9:43 AM

Quoting SRUsarahSC:

It's a huge thing to consider. My friend asked for a copy of their HR policies etc during initial interviews, saying she wanted to educate herself in the company, so she could find out without revealing her pregnancy.  It turned out the lady who hired her could tell anyways.

Quoting Shedabeada:

Quoting SRUsarahSC:

I was recently let go from my current place of employment without warning. Just Monday to be exact. I've been applying to places like there is no tomorrow. Hopefully something comes up. I appreciate all the information. I was wondering how to go about the interviews. I don't want to be hired based on my pregnancy, but for the skills and experience which I have gained throughout my years of work.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 15, 2015 at 9:49 AM
I don't think you have to worry about anyone hiring you only because you're pregnant. If they hire you, you know it is because you are the best damn candidate they have. Pregnancy is not a quality employers desire

Quoting Shedabeada:

Quoting SRUsarahSC:

Quoting Shedabeada:

Quoting SRUsarahSC:

I was recently let go from my current place of employment without warning. Just Monday to be exact. I've been applying to places like there is no tomorrow. Hopefully something comes up. I appreciate all the information. I was wondering how to go about the interviews. I don't want to be hired based on my pregnancy, but for the skills and experience which I have gained throughout my years of work.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)