Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I need level headed opinions only

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 65 Replies
1 mom liked this
I have an older daughter and two younger kids 28, 13 and 10. My daughter is due to give birth next month. During her first three pregnancies I was fortunate to be able to take time off. This time because my son has been in and out of doctors I have no accumulated sick/vacation time.

Well I received a text earlier saying "I could use a kid free weekend" I refrained from what I wanted to say and simply responded "join the club"
Here comes an onslaught of text "most mothers would take time off, most mothers...blah blah, blah. I responded, you act like this is your first baby. I have a full time job and YOUR BROTHER is sick so I can't take on anymore!
I just want to know from you level headed ladies, do women on their FOURTH child really need that much help? Am I in the wrong here?
Posted by Anonymous on May. 7, 2015 at 6:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Zengirl79
by Platinum Member on May. 7, 2015 at 6:52 PM
2 moms liked this

I'd be grateful just to have a mother.  Your daughter sounds a little bratty.

SylviaPerez
by Bronze Member on May. 7, 2015 at 6:53 PM

well i think she's acting like a spoiled brat.. i've had 3 kids and not once did i expect people other than my husband to help me out. .

may i ask is she a single mother?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 7, 2015 at 6:54 PM
I think if they have regular help, they get used to it. She's acting like a spoiled brat though.
mojogirl
by Ouiser Boudreaux on May. 7, 2015 at 6:54 PM
1 mom liked this
1. You're in the wrong place for level-headednesss.
2. Did you spend time coddling her the first 3 times?

let her sulk. better to be pissed off than pissed on.
livric
by Platinum Member on May. 7, 2015 at 6:55 PM

it sounds like you would if you could but you cant.   She needs to tend her own family and realise that you have to work and you can't just take time off like that.    Good luck with her!!

Maks1mommy
by Emerald Member on May. 7, 2015 at 6:55 PM

Ehh I don't know, I have 3 kids and would love if somebody kept them over the weekend (my dad would do it a lot but he's super far away so it's difficult) But I'd never throw a fit over somebody turning down watching my 3 kids even for a few hours lol. I made them, the only person that is obligated to watch them is me and dh lol. Your dd is very ungrateful.

nmkj
by Emerald Member on May. 7, 2015 at 6:56 PM
She chose to have 4 kids she needs to deal with it.
okeydokie
by Silver Member on May. 7, 2015 at 6:56 PM
Perhaps she's a little tired from the pregnancy.
MrsViau
by PinkGiraffe on May. 7, 2015 at 6:56 PM
1 mom liked this
I dont have a mom, but if I did I would be thankful for any help she would give me. Your daughter sounds like a brat, if she's having her 4th kid then she needs to suck it up and deal with it.
quickbooksworm
by Ruby Member on May. 7, 2015 at 6:57 PM
She may need a break but it isn't like you're a single kid free auntie. One of my friends who had a big family would hire a mothers helper when she was pregnant to play with the kids while she rested in the other room. It's less expensive than a normal babysitter.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)