Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My confession I am not proud of.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 67 Replies
1 mom liked this

I'm not proud of this and I keep it to myself but it really bothers me.  I can't even let anyone know so, here I am confessing it anonymously to cafemom.

My son believes Jesus is god.

I am an athiest and anti-religion.  I am deeply disappointed my son has started to show an interest in christianity.  I won't ever say anything or let on.  I will support him in his choices, they are his to make.  But deep down inside I am really disappointed and I feel like I've failed.

I suppose all I can do is support him, provide what he needs for example he's asked me to take him to church and buy him a bible, which I did.  I could refuse and prohibit this, but I feel like that's hypocritical and disrespectful.  

Posted by Anonymous on May. 7, 2015 at 6:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 7, 2015 at 6:58 PM

BUMP!

corticosteroid
by Sapphire Member on May. 7, 2015 at 7:00 PM
1 mom liked this

It's going to be okay.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 7, 2015 at 7:01 PM

I'm sure I'll get used to it. Not sure why it bothers me so much.  I just feel like I failed somehow.

Quoting corticosteroid:

It's going to be okay.

eyes4ears
by Sapphire Member on May. 7, 2015 at 7:02 PM
2 moms liked this
Your are doing the right thing. Always support his curiosity. Great minds are the ones that started out curious... He has a right to develope his knowledge on Christianity, or any topic! Please keep an Open mind for his intelligent growth. Good luck mama
Maruchan
by Silver Member on May. 7, 2015 at 7:03 PM
1 mom liked this
Good for you for supporting him and not being hateful about it. Your actions are more "Christian" than most self-professed "Christians" that post here.

As Atheist, I would feel the same, but wouldn't let them know.
gingerprincess
by Gold Member on May. 7, 2015 at 7:03 PM
1 mom liked this
Your children aren't necessarily going to share your views, values, and beliefs even if you raise them to do so. It's okay to feel disappointed that things didn't out how you planned them.
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on May. 7, 2015 at 7:05 PM
1 mom liked this
Just as I'd say to a Christian poster talking about an atheist child... leave them alone and let them find their own path. Kids aren't always going to embrace what we as parents believe.
swen80
by on May. 7, 2015 at 7:06 PM
1 mom liked this
How bout try not giving him sugary drinks like koolaide
lincolnlady
by Gold Member on May. 7, 2015 at 7:07 PM

How old is he?

SylviaPerez
by Bronze Member on May. 7, 2015 at 7:07 PM
3 moms liked this

wouldn't you rather let your son believe in God and heaven and finding out there isn't vs. living his life not believing in either and finding out it does exist and knowing he won't ever have eternal life in heaven.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)