Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My confession...

Posted by on May. 7, 2015 at 7:25 PM
  • 16 Replies
2 moms liked this
I'm scrolling through FB and I see all these memes from fellow teachers about the last day of school, the count down until summer, posts bragging about summer get-a-ways, and teachers "screaming" for a much needed break.

I sit here reading these posts and I think to myself that something is wrong with me because I'm dreading the last day of school. I don't want my kids to go home. I start to cry and tear up at thought of my kids not being loved and cared for properly, not being read to daily, not getting attention and being told how important they are to the world and how they need to make sure they work hard to succeed.

This happens every year and it has yet to get easier. I'm a mess this time of year. I HATE telling my babies goodbye. I know they are loved, but to me, they are my babies and I want to make sure they are being cared for like I do in class. I know I'm insane, but then again, kinder teachers are known for being a little off their rockers! LOL So that's my confession, I'm too attached to my students and dread letting them go.

EDIT: let me correct this before it goes crazy, I'm not saying I don't think parents do not care for their kids, what I'm saying is that I just worry like crazy and can't help it. I have great and helpful parents in my class, but the feeling I get is similar to the "over protective mama" feeling as I call it. Just that instinctual drive to protect the ones you love. I know my students are cared for and safe, but I just can't help feeling this way every May when the time comes to prepare to leave.
by on May. 7, 2015 at 7:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Greyzmama
by Silver Member on May. 7, 2015 at 7:27 PM

Awww thats really sweet of you, why do you think the parents wont do those things though? I read to my kids daily.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 7, 2015 at 7:28 PM
1 mom liked this
Ugh. Contrary to your beliefs, most children's parents love them even in the summer.
squeekers
by squeekers on May. 7, 2015 at 7:29 PM
Good teachers care & miss their kids.
corticosteroid
by Sapphire Member on May. 7, 2015 at 7:29 PM

What makes you think your students aren't going to be given enough praise and attention at home?

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on May. 7, 2015 at 7:31 PM
I'm not sure how I feel about this. I'm glad that you'd care about my kid, but annoyed you'd think that I'd do a crappy job with him over the summer.
sdsstargazer
by Gold Member on May. 7, 2015 at 7:31 PM
1 mom liked this
I know parents do, I actually have really great and helpful parents; but it's like a "over protective mama" issue. I just get so attached to my kids, I can't help but worry about them. Like I said...I think I'm crazy! LOL

Quoting Greyzmama:

Awww thats really sweet of you, why do you think the parents wont do those things though? I read to my kids daily.

notjstasocermom
by Sapphire Member on May. 7, 2015 at 7:32 PM
Quoting Anonymous 1: Ugh. Contrary to your beliefs, most children's parents love them even in the summer.
LilysMama719
by Emmy on May. 7, 2015 at 7:35 PM
Umm, that's really insulting to the parents of your students.
sdsstargazer
by Gold Member on May. 7, 2015 at 7:36 PM
Please see update

Quoting LilysMama719: Umm, that's really insulting to the parents of your students.
sdsstargazer
by Gold Member on May. 7, 2015 at 7:36 PM
Please see update

Quoting Danesmommy1: I'm not sure how I feel about this. I'm glad that you'd care about my kid, but annoyed you'd think that I'd do a crappy job with him over the summer.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)