Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

would you buy this for your kid if they asked for it?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 379 Replies

Mobile Photo

My daughter just omg, like TOTALLY just had to have this bag because ALL the best teams have them. Hahaha! They're apparently all the rage, now. I went ahead and ordered it because she rarely asks for anything. Her face was p rice less when she opened the box and saw it lol!

Do you buy your kids the newest and latest if they ask for it?
Posted by Anonymous on May. 7, 2015 at 7:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lenashark
by Emerald Member on May. 7, 2015 at 7:27 PM
5 moms liked this
No. I buy them things for Christmas and their birthday and for unasked things as a rare treat. Everything else, they have to buy themselves. I would have told her to start saving.
BlueSparrow
by Silver Member on May. 7, 2015 at 7:29 PM

If she was a teen yes because i know she would take care of it. Under 14 probably not. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 7, 2015 at 7:29 PM
16 moms liked this
I don't think it's my kids' responsibility to buy their own things. That's my job as a parent. She's a great kid, works hard and makes straight A's. No reason she can't have something she's been wanting if she asks for it.

Quoting lenashark: No. I buy them things for Christmas and their birthday and for unasked things as a rare treat. Everything else, they have to buy themselves. I would have told her to start saving.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 7, 2015 at 7:31 PM
She's 12, but very responsible.

Quoting BlueSparrow:

If she was a teen yes because i know she would take care of it. Under 14 probably not. 

quickbooksworm
by Ruby Member on May. 7, 2015 at 7:32 PM
5 moms liked this
With the understanding it will be used for several years to come. My son has something similar that was around $65 and he has carried it for 4 years. I don't mind buying more expensive things as long as they are taken care of.
goatmom4
by Gold Member on May. 7, 2015 at 7:32 PM

yes if you live in safe neighborhood around here    i would be carful kids steal eachothers bikes       so yes if it is safe   

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on May. 7, 2015 at 7:33 PM
7 moms liked this

They have to buy things themselves? Aren't your kids like 7 & 1??

Quoting lenashark: No. I buy them things for Christmas and their birthday and for unasked things as a rare treat. Everything else, they have to buy themselves. I would have told her to start saving.

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on May. 7, 2015 at 7:33 PM

Yeah sure I would.

kiernansmom08
by Silver Member on May. 7, 2015 at 7:34 PM
1 mom liked this
Yup, my 6 year old has it in royal blue, LOL! And I blinged the logo out in green rhinestones myself. All her little friends were getting them and really, it is a NICE backpack. She uses it for school and cheer.
theResidentCat
by on May. 7, 2015 at 7:34 PM
1 mom liked this

no.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)