Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you judge this couple?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 35 Replies
They were married at sixteen and eighteen, when she was pregnant. When said kids were eight, ten, eleven, thirteen, fifteen, dad decides it's been his dream to live in corpus Christi texas. So dad and mom pretty much abandon their children so they can live foot loose and fancy free half a country away. Kids are in Missouri, with various relatives who were kind enough to take kids in.
Parents decide six years later they want to move back, and do.
To me, that's very selfish, and these people should have waited until their kids were on their own to move away.
Your opinion?

Eta-no, they never paid child support to the people who took the kids in.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 7, 2015 at 7:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 7, 2015 at 7:57 PM
4 moms liked this
Uhh... they abandoned their kids... trash. They should have taken them with them like normal people do.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 7, 2015 at 8:06 PM
I agree. These are relatives to me, and the kids aren't warming up to them. Why would they? Parents abandoned them. Didn't pay support. Barely called.
I get it, it's hard to raise kids. It's hard to put off your dreams. But kids come first!
Their oldest got pregnant at fifteen, they encouraged her to marry him! She's a high school drop out on food stamps now, living the welfare dream.
It's insane how messed up that part of the family is. (she's my second cousin)

Quoting Anonymous 2: Uhh... they abandoned their kids... trash. They should have taken them with them like normal people do.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
zoo003
by Platinum Member on May. 7, 2015 at 8:07 PM
1 mom liked this

There are so many things wrong with this post (or more precisely, the couple that you are talking about).  Those poor kids. 

SuperJo
by on May. 7, 2015 at 8:08 PM
1 mom liked this

I do judge them. That's a horrible and selfish thing to do.

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on May. 7, 2015 at 8:09 PM
2 moms liked this
They abandoned their kids, they could never redeem themselves in my eyes after that.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 7, 2015 at 8:09 PM

I judge a lot of parents for their life choices. These two aren't an exception. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 7, 2015 at 8:10 PM
I know :/ These people are distant family. She's baffled he kids aren't overtly happy they are back. Well, you abandoned your kids!
Ugh
I feel bad for the kids. I have done my best to help them feel loved and deal with their parents leaving. But there's only so much I can do you know?

Quoting zoo003:

There are so many things wrong with this post (or more precisely, the couple that you are talking about).  Those poor kids. 

barnowl73
by on May. 7, 2015 at 8:10 PM
Someone should have called the police and had them charged with Abandonment.
TurtleMami
by Gold Member on May. 7, 2015 at 8:10 PM
I do judge, but I would rather they do that than turn into o e of those couples that goes crazy and kills everyone.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 7, 2015 at 8:12 PM
This

Quoting Danesmommy1: They abandoned their kids, they could never redeem themselves in my eyes after that.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)