Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

A teacher is playing favorites with my son

Posted by on May. 7, 2015 at 8:10 PM
  • 20 Replies
And I don't like it. There is a teacher in my seven year old son's school who treats him like he's the greatest thing since sliced bread. She is with him for half an hour a day and would let him do anything that he wants, luckily he knows better than to actually take advantage of that, but who knows if that will last. Another parent told me that she overheard her talking to another teacher in the faculty room while she was dropping something off and she heard her say that she does it because my Uncle is on the board for the school and her husband works for my Aunt. I have heard about and seen her let him do things that other kids aren't allowed to do, she always chooses him to be the special helper, she praises him for every little thing, whenever she sees me she rants about how great he is. If there is ever an issue between him and any other child, little things like whose turn it is to water the class plants, she automatically takes his side. I do not want all of this going to my son's head. I grew up with the same kind of stuff and it bothered me then and it bothers me now. When I was a kid I could have done whatever I wanted and no one would say anything out of fear of upsetting one of my family members, luckily I had parents who brought me down to understand that I was not the Queen of Sheba. I have a cousin whose mother was too distracted with other things and would always feel guilty about disciplining him, so she did let him get away with things, and while I love my cousin dearly, he was my best friend, still is, and is like a brother to me, he was a spoiled arrogant brat when we were kids. He walked all over everyone and no one would stand up to him, not teachers, not other parents, not even the police on some occasions. My dad stepped in and put a stop to it so he now knows how to behave, but I don't want my son to think like that for even a second. I'm trying to think of the best way to handle it with this teacher. Has anyone gone through something similar and have any advise?
by on May. 7, 2015 at 8:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lenashark
by Emerald Member on May. 8, 2015 at 12:14 AM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 8, 2015 at 12:16 AM
She's probably afraid you'll gypsy curse her.
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on May. 8, 2015 at 12:19 AM

Talk to the Teacher and let her know how you feel about the situation

kgsharber
by Platinum Member on May. 8, 2015 at 12:20 AM
Seriously, he's 7 and this is an isolated occurrence, no need to do anything imo.

And newsflash, teachers all choose favorites.
kgsharber
by Platinum Member on May. 8, 2015 at 12:22 AM
1 mom liked this
And what's your last name? Kennedy?
MilkLover0203
by on May. 8, 2015 at 12:24 AM
I think you think you're very special. When you aren't. You're just like everyone else.
3companytoo
by Gold Member on May. 8, 2015 at 12:25 AM
3 moms liked this

The school year is almost over. It's seems a little late to tackle this now.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 8, 2015 at 12:25 AM
1 mom liked this
All teachers have favorites. Know what sucks more? Having your kid NOT be the favorite.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 8, 2015 at 12:27 AM

lol animated GIF

Quoting Anonymous 1: She's probably afraid you'll gypsy curse her.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 8, 2015 at 12:27 AM
That was in your honor, love.

Quoting Anonymous 3:

lol animated GIF

Quoting Anonymous 1: She's probably afraid you'll gypsy curse her.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)