Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

No kids food at a wedding?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 482 Replies
1 mom liked this
We received the invite to my bil's wedding a few weeks ago. There are some kids invited but not many apparently. My son is and he's 5.

His fiancée was over this weekend and had just talked to the caterer. She showed us the menu and it was beef tenderloin, mushroom risotto, roasted squash, asparagus and some other random veggies. Appetizers are all fancy things, lots of fish.

My son won't eat any of it. He's a picky eater and he won't. He's gonna be in family pics all day so he's not gonna have time to eat...

I asked if there's a kids menu. She looked at me like I have 4 heads and said no. I suggested they order some kids stuff and she just kinda laughed and said no I don't think so.

Who the hell invites kids to a wedding and doesn't feed them shit they'll eat???
Posted by Anonymous on May. 7, 2015 at 8:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Melbornj
by Ruby Member on May. 7, 2015 at 8:27 PM
83 moms liked this

Holy cow you are being ridiculous and entitled.  The kids should be just fine with what is served.

corticosteroid
by Sapphire Member on May. 7, 2015 at 8:27 PM
28 moms liked this

So, pack some peanut butter crackers or some shit, this is not neonatal bowel surgery.

Not_A_Native
by Ruby Member on May. 7, 2015 at 8:28 PM
34 moms liked this

I've never understood the concept of "kids food."

My kids ate stuff like that all the time - I never gave them chicken nuggets, or fries, or stuff like that.  They loved veggies of all sorts, beef tenderloin - they would eat that up.

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on May. 7, 2015 at 8:28 PM
1 mom liked this

Stick a granola bar in your purse.

o.O....
by Cara on May. 7, 2015 at 8:28 PM
22 moms liked this
My kids would eat all of that. Pack your kid a sandwich and shut the hell up.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 7, 2015 at 8:28 PM
3 moms liked this
I'm surprised she's inviting you at all.
-saloonhoar-
by on May. 7, 2015 at 8:29 PM
10 moms liked this
This. You do know that children are humans, just like adults, right....he will eat what is served or he doesn't eat. Stop raising an entitled child.

Quoting Melbornj:

Holy cow you are being ridiculous and entitled.  The kids should be just fine with what is served.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 7, 2015 at 8:29 PM
5 moms liked this
Um kids can eat that. Mine would love it. Can't believe you asked them to change their menu.

Quoting Anonymous 1: We received the invite to my bil's wedding a few weeks ago. There are some kids invited but not many apparently. My son is and he's 5.

His fiancée was over this weekend and had just talked to the caterer. She showed us the menu and it was beef tenderloin, mushroom risotto, roasted squash, asparagus and some other random veggies. Appetizers are all fancy things, lots of fish.

My son won't eat any of it. He's a picky eater and he won't. He's gonna be in family pics all day so he's not gonna have time to eat...

I asked if there's a kids menu. She looked at me like I have 4 heads and said no. I suggested they order some kids stuff and she just kinda laughed and said no I don't think so.

Who the hell invites kids to a wedding and doesn't feed them shit they'll eat???
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 7, 2015 at 8:29 PM
1 mom liked this
I wouldn't expect a wedding to cater to kids, it isn't hard to pack a lunch just in case.
-saloonhoar-
by on May. 7, 2015 at 8:29 PM
2 moms liked this
Oh and I would have laughed at you too and said no.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)