Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Calling people "special snowflakes"

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 20 Replies
Did it originate from Fight Club?
Posted by Anonymous on May. 7, 2015 at 8:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on May. 7, 2015 at 8:30 PM
No, in the 80s we were told in school how we were all special and unique like snowflakes. The author of Fight Club, Chuck Palanahiuk, was talking about that push in schools to tell us we're special.
nicki.hemingway
by Gold Member on May. 7, 2015 at 8:31 PM

This.  I remember the "Everyone is special" spiel in the 1990s.  Now it is just ridiculous.  You get an award for just showing up. 

Quoting Danesmommy1: No, in the 80s we were told in school how we were all special and unique like snowflakes. The author of Fight Club was talking about that push in schools to tell us we're special.

elfling811
by on May. 7, 2015 at 8:34 PM
Yup. This. I remember being told that in school.

Quoting Danesmommy1: No, in the 80s we were told in school how we were all special and unique like snowflakes. The author of Fight Club, Jim Uhls, was talking about that push in schools to tell us we're special.
OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on May. 7, 2015 at 8:36 PM

Fight Club's author is Chuck Palahniuk.... Jim Uhls did the screenplay for the movie adaptation.

Quoting Danesmommy1: No, in the 80s we were told in school how we were all special and unique like snowflakes. The author of Fight Club, Jim Uhls, was talking about that push in schools to tell us we're special.

Bluerose1482
by Ruby Member on May. 7, 2015 at 8:36 PM

I went to school in the 80's.  No one ever told me I was a special snowflake.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 7, 2015 at 8:37 PM

I was thinking this post was going to be about embryo adoption

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 7, 2015 at 8:37 PM
Chuck Palanuik wrote fight club, just saying.

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on May. 7, 2015 at 8:37 PM
2 moms liked this
You know!! That's what I get for listening to Google and not my head!! I double checked with Google thought to myself "Damn I was wrong, glad I checked."

I was right before I second guessed myself!!

Quoting OwlNuggets:

Fight Club's author is Chuck Palahniuk.... Jim Uhls did the screenplay for the movie adaptation.

Episkey
by Dra til helvete on May. 7, 2015 at 8:37 PM
1 mom liked this

thanks, I was about to mention that lol

Quoting OwlNuggets:

_hummingbird_
by Platinum Member on May. 7, 2015 at 8:37 PM
I didn't finish the book.

And I've only heard it used for children whom are special needs. In a discriminatory way.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)