Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

He forgot Mother's Day...

Posted by on May. 7, 2015 at 9:44 PM
  • 322 Replies

To say the least I am upset. DH made plans with his buddy to go to a concert on Mother's day... DH comes home and says, "well... now I am commited to going to the concert Sunday," I just looked at him in astonishment and asked if he really made plans on Mother's day... Now because of him doing this I am stuck doing stuff that I don't want to do on Mother's day. All he can say is "sorry" and that is it... I think he expects me to just forget about this like I do most things, but IDK if I can let this go... It hurts...

by on May. 7, 2015 at 9:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
.PinkSunshine.
by on May. 7, 2015 at 9:45 PM
3 moms liked this

It's Thursday FFS

KnotFoo
by on May. 7, 2015 at 9:45 PM
9 moms liked this

I don't demand a lot for mothers day - but that's a pretty dicky move.

He gets two thumbs down.

angl_gurl1
by on May. 7, 2015 at 9:46 PM
37 moms liked this

then u should make plans to go out with friends on fathers day and if he says anything then say sorry

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 7, 2015 at 9:47 PM
13 moms liked this
Let it go. Find a new husband, everybody is doing it.

But seriously, spend the day with your kids doing something fun. He's a jerk-- don't let him ruin the day. Only you can ruin it by moping around
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 7, 2015 at 9:47 PM
8 moms liked this

You are an adult so you can't be forced to do things you don't want to do so do whatever you want on martyr day!  Also you aren't his mother!

Jesswright25
by Member on May. 7, 2015 at 9:47 PM

Yeah... and... He actually came home with the ticket on Monday. The concert is on Sunday... 

Quoting .PinkSunshine.:

It's Thursday FFS

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 7, 2015 at 9:48 PM
Maybe he's just saying he is going to a concert with his friend, so he can surprise you with something he has planned for you?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 7, 2015 at 9:49 PM
17 moms liked this

Really?  Grow up and get over yourself.  It is a freaking "holiday" made up by the greeting card industry.

Not to mention the obvious, you aren't even his mother. 

Jesswright25
by Member on May. 7, 2015 at 9:49 PM

I wish. He couldn't hide something like that... Plus I have seen the ticket...

Quoting Anonymous 3: Maybe he's just saying he is going to a concert with his friend, so he can surprise you with something he has planned for you?

Momoftwinkies
by Gold Member on May. 7, 2015 at 9:50 PM
1 mom liked this
I am going to all star evaluations. Is this what I wanted to do on Mothers Day? No, but I am an adult. I will make the best of the day.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)