Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Texas republican state Rep presents bill to legalize marijuana

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 7 Replies
What?! I think I'm going to faint, lol. Good for this guy!

Republican state Rep. David Simpson of Longview argues marijuana comes from God and therefore shouldn't be banned by government.

The tea party stalwart has repeatedly championed what he calls the "Christian case" for legalization.

Simpson's bill (HB 2165) languished for weeks before the House Criminal Jurisprudence Committee.

Three committee Democrats and two Republicans surprisingly voted to support it Wednesday, though, and it passed 5-2.

That makes Simpson's bill eligible for consideration to reach the House floor before the legislative session ends June 1, although that's still highly unlikely.

Whole story: http://www.ksat.com/content/pns/ksat/news/2015/05/06/texas-house-committee-approves-bill-to-make-marijuana-legal-for-.html
Posted by Anonymous on May. 7, 2015 at 9:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 7, 2015 at 9:57 PM
I live in Texas and I was absolutely floored when I read that they're looking to legalize it. As conservative as most of this state is, I won't believe it until they actually open one of the stores here and I'm in Austin so it should be one of the first places.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 7, 2015 at 10:35 PM
I was very surprised lol it probably won't make it this time

Quoting Anonymous 2: I live in Texas and I was absolutely floored when I read that they're looking to legalize it. As conservative as most of this state is, I won't believe it until they actually open one of the stores here and I'm in Austin so it should be one of the first places.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 8, 2015 at 10:46 AM

Life is good!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 8, 2015 at 10:46 AM

Why is this surprising?  Governor Perry opened up the path way for it to be legalized.

http://www.mpp.org/media/press-releases/texas-gov-rick-perry-says.html

ame85
by Chemistry cat on May. 8, 2015 at 10:47 AM
It should be legal, but I don't think using God as a way to pass any law is a good idea.
Momtoone07
by Emerald Member on May. 8, 2015 at 10:48 AM
We have a sheriff turned legislator that put in one of three bills to legalize in Maine. He is actually the ex sheriff of our most populated county. Maine is going to do it. I can feel it. Lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 8, 2015 at 10:53 AM
I didn't know about that. It's awesome thanks for showing it to me

Quoting Anonymous 4:

Why is this surprising?  Governor Perry opened up the path way for it to be legalized.

http://www.mpp.org/media/press-releases/texas-gov-rick-perry-says.html

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)