Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I need gift ideas!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 2 Replies
A good friend of mine is graduating from the lpn program later this month and I'm having a hell of a time trying to figure out a gift. I would like to give her a useful gift, but also something that feels personal... So not money or gift cards, but an actual gift. I'm considering maybe an origami owl badge holder personalized to her interests... But my friend isn't really the jewelry type and I'm not 100% sure she would use it. I LOVE the personalized aspect of it, I'm just not sure the jewelry part is right. Another factor that's stressing me is her family. Her family isn't wealthy and in the past when I've given her dd pricey birthday presents and things like that, they've gotten offended and acted like I was trying to show off. Totally not my goal, I just love giving gifts and making people feel special. In the past, they've made nasty comments about me being a stuck up bitch and a show off and just really upset my friend, so I would like to try to avoid giving her something they can criticize. The only time I will have to see her and give her the gift will be at the graduation, when her family will be there, so there's really no way to avoid them knowing (they're nosy as hell). So, does anybody have any ideas for a thoughtful, yet still moderate/un-flashy graduation gift?
Posted by Anonymous on May. 7, 2015 at 10:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
twoboysforus
by Silver Member on May. 7, 2015 at 11:13 PM

I would get her a personalized watch. Most nurses I know wear a watch so I would find a really nice one that isn't too expensive and have it engraved with her name and graduation date.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)