Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

When should he meet my kids??

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies
I am a 26yr old single mom of 2 kids 3 & 5. I have been seeing a guy for a month and a half now. We seem to really click, and have a lot of the same interests. Now, I know this is still very new..but this is the 1st guy that I've had a really good feeling about. I am very new to dating thing again....When is a good time frame for him to meet my kids? I know now is not the right time...but when is? Advice is much appreciated!!
Posted by Anonymous on May. 7, 2015 at 11:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on May. 7, 2015 at 11:49 PM

5 to 6 months......at the very least

3companytoo
by Gold Member on May. 7, 2015 at 11:59 PM

A long time from now. I would have to be very serious about a guy and contemplating marriage.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 8, 2015 at 12:00 AM
6 months
dragonborn
by Wonderstruck on May. 8, 2015 at 12:01 AM
6 months to a year. Only introduce if you really think it could be permanent.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 8, 2015 at 12:02 AM
I would give it at least a few months, and even then I would just introduce him as a friend, not as a boyfriend.
Inana
by Controversial on May. 8, 2015 at 12:04 AM
Some time after 6 months and only if you feel like this could be a long term thing. Have that talk with him first to see where his head is in the game. If he starts to stutter, shows signs of nervousness, eyes darting as if looking for an escape route, he's not thinking about a relationship but a booty call.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 8, 2015 at 12:04 AM
6 months would be ideal but realistically at least 3 would be sufficient imo
haleighisamommy
by Member on May. 8, 2015 at 12:06 AM

I agree with this

Quoting dragonborn: 6 months to a year. Only introduce if you really think it could be permanent.

C-Stewart
by Molded Cupcake on May. 8, 2015 at 12:08 AM
I'd wait until things are serious and you know he's really committing more to you. My dh doesn't have any bios. When we met, he already knew I had DD, but it was months before they met. He's a great StepDad to her.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on May. 8, 2015 at 12:09 AM
Me and my ex have a clause in our Co says 90 days or more before our son can meet them so I would go off of that.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)