Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DS cried about his dad being away for work! :(

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 26 Replies
DH left to work a trip late this afternoon and DS cried and cried tonight, missing his dad! :( He hasn't cried over his father leaving for a trip since he was about two! (He's in kindergarten now). I'm 39 weeks pregnant so I don't know if the baby's imminent arrival has something to do with it? If DS is all of a sudden feeling mixed emotions about the new baby? =\ I let him sleep in my bed tonight. He is sleeping beside me and the poor little boy pretty much cried himself to sleep. :( It made me cry too. I just don't know what to think. And DH can't even know about DS crying. I feel so sad right now. :(
Posted by Anonymous on May. 7, 2015 at 11:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
2babymomma
by Ruby Member on May. 7, 2015 at 11:57 PM
Why can't he know about it
heydooney
by Gold Member on May. 7, 2015 at 11:58 PM
We sent DH videos saying goodnight at bedtime. The boys always slept in my bed when DH traveled for work.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 7, 2015 at 11:59 PM

Have your dh spend time alone with your ds when he gets back from the work trip.

Sassy762
by 200 on May. 8, 2015 at 12:02 AM

Call him or do that skype thing on the computer

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 8, 2015 at 12:02 AM
Quoting 2babymomma: Why can't he know about it

He doesn't like him crying. Didn't even like it when he was two. :(
2babymomma
by Ruby Member on May. 8, 2015 at 12:04 AM
Wow he sounds like a douche canoe

Quoting Anonymous 1:
Quoting 2babymomma: Why can't he know about it

He doesn't like him crying. Didn't even like it when he was two. :(
terra221
by Gold Member on May. 8, 2015 at 12:08 AM
Does he not like him crying because it breaks his heart or because he thinks your son should be tougher?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 8, 2015 at 12:08 AM
Quoting Anonymous 2:

Have your dh spend time alone with your ds when he gets back from the work trip.

They do that a lot. DH's being away is a regular thing. He's a pilot. This is why my son's reaction is unusual. I mean, he will often be a little melancholy at times when his dad is away on a trip but he NEVER cries about it! He was sobbing. It has me worried. Poor little guy!
:(
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 8, 2015 at 12:12 AM
Quoting terra221: Does he not like him crying because it breaks his heart or because he thinks your son should be tougher?

Thinks he should be tougher. DS even asked me to please not tell Dad that he was crying, and I said of course I wouldn't. Poor little fellow. :(
terra221
by Gold Member on May. 8, 2015 at 12:15 AM
Poor kid, has a terrible father then.

Quoting Anonymous 1:
Quoting terra221: Does he not like him crying because it breaks his heart or because he thinks your son should be tougher?

Thinks he should be tougher. DS even asked me to please not tell Dad that he was crying, and I said of course I wouldn't. Poor little fellow. :(
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)