Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Living in a mans world...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 2 Replies
Some of you may previously have seen a post mentioning that I am becoming an assistant cub Master in our Cub Scout pack. I am excited for the opportunity and my current assistant is going to become the Cub Master.

Last week I was informed by the current leadership that I was the most qualified, but they wanted a man. They wanted to give me the head of the committee but my assistant insisted we stick together and put his foot down and said he would not do the job without me. I was thrilled. I know leadership wanted 2 men, they explained their reasonings, but being told I was the most qualified minus the penis was a little hard to swallow, no pin intended.

Tonight my husband and I were hanging out with my assistant and his wife, were becoming good friends. Everyone in the pack knows I am a huge communicator and I send out a number of emails with information. Well tonight my friend said you know we need to work on the emails and I really need them to come out from my email with my name, to keep up appearances. I said yeah okay no problem, but I felt sort of blah about it. I'm wondering now if I am going to be okay being the driving force without the credit. I am not in this by any means for the credit, but now I wonder if I should have taken the head of the committee that was offered.

I guess I don't really have a big point to this post, just sort of second guessing my decision. I adore my assistant, and we work wonderfully together, I'm just a little nervous now. My husband is confident that I will be fine, but I'm just a little hesitant.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 17, 2015 at 12:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 17, 2015 at 12:37 AM
That sounds stupid. I would not be involved with that group.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Some of you may previously have seen a post mentioning that I am becoming an assistant cub Master in our Cub Scout pack. I am excited for the opportunity and my current assistant is going to become the Cub Master.

Last week I was informed by the current leadership that I was the most qualified, but they wanted a man. They wanted to give me the head of the committee but my assistant insisted we stick together and put his foot down and said he would not do the job without me. I was thrilled. I know leadership wanted 2 men, they explained their reasonings, but being told I was the most qualified minus the penis was a little hard to swallow, no pin intended.

Tonight my husband and I were hanging out with my assistant and his wife, were becoming good friends. Everyone in the pack knows I am a huge communicator and I send out a number of emails with information. Well tonight my friend said you know we need to work on the emails and I really need them to come out from my email with my name, to keep up appearances. I said yeah okay no problem, but I felt sort of blah about it. I'm wondering now if I am going to be okay being the driving force without the credit. I am not in this by any means for the credit, but now I wonder if I should have taken the head of the committee that was offered.

I guess I don't really have a big point to this post, just sort of second guessing my decision. I adore my assistant, and we work wonderfully together, I'm just a little nervous now. My husband is confident that I will be fine, but I'm just a little hesitant.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 17, 2015 at 12:40 AM
I completely understand the reasoning, they want a male role model for the boys to look up to, to be the face of the pack. It's just hard for me because I do so much. I don't want to be the Cub Master and honestly I was blindsided last week when we found out. My assistant and I have a running joke about being Bill and Hillary, but I worry how long we can keep that dynamic. This year he has been my assistant and I have been running things.

Quoting Anonymous 2: That sounds stupid. I would not be involved with that group.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Some of you may previously have seen a post mentioning that I am becoming an assistant cub Master in our Cub Scout pack. I am excited for the opportunity and my current assistant is going to become the Cub Master.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)