• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

smelling cigarette smoke , not sure what to think....lurker???? what do you think???

Posted by on May. 17, 2015 at 2:06 AM
  • 53 Replies

So tonight im sitting here and I start to smell cigarette smoke. my whole house smells very strongly of it, like someone is in the house smoking.  my dh smells it too. Not the first time it has happened either. This is something that has happened off and on all last spring a,summer, and fall. my 2 kids have smelled it too. non of us smoke neither of us ever has,(my kids are 5yrs and 8yrs). We live in a house and our neighbors are spaced far enough from us that we are 99% there is no way its them, unless they are coming in our yard. I first thought that maybe it was because of previous residents but it only happens at the same time at night (8pm-12am). We are really concerned that we might have a lurker around our house. my 2 kids and I are home alone almost every night as my husband works nights. We are gonna put paddle locks on the gates to the back yard. Is it really possible that someone is really out there lurking for some reason?? got any ideas for what we can do about it??? 

by on May. 17, 2015 at 2:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
GaBrIeLlEsMaMa
by Member on May. 17, 2015 at 2:10 AM
Any teenage neighbors? Maybe they are sneaking into your yard to smoke without mommy and daddy knowing? I would get motion detection lights and a dog..and a gun..but that's just me..I'm paranoid ..lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 17, 2015 at 2:10 AM
3 moms liked this
Ghost smoker
MysticRainbow
by on May. 17, 2015 at 2:11 AM
You all have a ghost.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 17, 2015 at 2:12 AM

Could be a lurker. More likely a ghost or another otherworldly entity. 

ArmyWife112908
by Mrs.Crane on May. 17, 2015 at 2:12 AM
It's a ghost
3companytoo
by Gold Member on May. 17, 2015 at 2:13 AM

Has your husband actually went out and looked?

bmw29
by spitfire_bobbie on May. 17, 2015 at 2:14 AM
I would have already went outside and looked around.
hypersquirrel
by Member on May. 17, 2015 at 2:15 AM

Quoting GaBrIeLlEsMaMa: Any teenage neighbors? Maybe they are sneaking into your yard to smoke without mommy and daddy knowing? I would get motion detection lights and a dog..and a gun..but that's just me..I'm paranoid ..lol

we have thought about it maybe being a neighbors kid. we have no way to prove it though. cant have a dog here as we are renting. but the gun and security light are great ideas.

hypersquirrel
by Member on May. 17, 2015 at 2:17 AM

Quoting bmw29: I would have already went outside and looked around.

we have looked around outside after its happened.  havent seen anyone or found any evidence of anyone.

hypersquirrel
by Member on May. 17, 2015 at 2:18 AM

yes we both have.

Quoting 3companytoo:

Has your husband actually went out and looked?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)