• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Furniture sets

Posted by on May. 17, 2015 at 3:27 AM
  • 8 Replies
I want to know what you have, where you got it, do you like it and how much it was!!!

We are saving up to basically start over.

The stuff we have now we bought 7yrs ago when we first started and DH was in the military,
I bought the whole house
Couch, loveseat, end tables, coffe table, lamps.
Bed- mattress box spring, sleigh frame. Long dresser with mirror, tall dresser and bedside table
Kitchen table and 4 chairs.
I don't remember the exact price but it was a little over $4k.

Aside from our mattress which has already been replaced, it all needs to be replaced and I'm pretty confident we can do it for less and get better quality this time.

Tell me about your furniture ladies!!
by on May. 17, 2015 at 3:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 17, 2015 at 3:30 AM
Bought out couch from rooms to go, I don't remember how much it cost. Do I hate it, yes! Would I recommend anyone else to go there, NO! We need all need beds and a new couch but we will be waiting till we move.
Diatech12
by Gold Member on May. 17, 2015 at 3:33 AM
I'm actually trying to plan this for when we move lol! DH is re enlisting and will be gone for quite awhile before being stationed. If I didn't have to move all the furniture with us and just buy when we get there, I will be extatic!!

Quoting Anonymous 1: Bought out couch from rooms to go, I don't remember how much it cost. Do I hate it, yes! Would I recommend anyone else to go there, NO! We need all need beds and a new couch but we will be waiting till we move.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 17, 2015 at 3:37 AM
I don't have a single piece of new furniture. It's all previously owned. Garage sales, resale, hand me downs...it's pretty nice stuff, but I didn't pay more than $50 for any one thing
TexasGirl90
by Platinum Member on May. 17, 2015 at 3:38 AM
We love the couches we got from Conns. But for a couch with reclining ends, and a loveseat with reclining seats, we paid somewhere between 2600-2800. Ouch.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 17, 2015 at 3:40 AM
We bought a lot of restoration hardware stuff when we bought our new last year. I love it all. Spent about $15,000.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 17, 2015 at 3:40 AM
Yup, before we get to our next station I'll be selling what I don't want. But we still have 1.5 years.

Quoting Diatech12: I'm actually trying to plan this for when we move lol! DH is re enlisting and will be gone for quite awhile before being stationed. If I didn't have to move all the furniture with us and just buy when we get there, I will be extatic!!

Quoting Anonymous 1: Bought out couch from rooms to go, I don't remember how much it cost. Do I hate it, yes! Would I recommend anyone else to go there, NO! We need all need beds and a new couch but we will be waiting till we move.
Rhodin
by Ruby Member on May. 17, 2015 at 3:47 AM
Why do you need all new stuff? Even cheap tables, lamps, and bedframes don't wear out in 7 years. You could repaint them and put new shades on the lamps for a lot less than all-new furniture.
Diatech12
by Gold Member on May. 17, 2015 at 3:53 AM
Everything is falling apart. We also have 3 kids and it's all gone through 5 moves and being stored.
Some of it can be repaired to resale but if I have the option to save and not have to move it all, I'll take it.

Quoting Rhodin: Why do you need all new stuff? Even cheap tables, lamps, and bedframes don't wear out in 7 years. You could repaint them and put new shades on the lamps for a lot less than all-new furniture.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)