Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you let your TWEEN see Poltergeist?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 23 Replies

The 80s movie was cheesy, but it scared the hell out of me when I was a kid.  My 11 year old wants to see the new one in 3D.  Would you go for it?  He loves scary things but sometimes he gets creeped out in the middle of the night when he wakes up.

Posted by Anonymous on May. 17, 2015 at 9:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 17, 2015 at 10:24 AM
My 11 yo would be a mess. My 4 yo LOVED the original.
livingforthem83
by on May. 17, 2015 at 10:25 AM
Yes.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 17, 2015 at 10:26 AM
Yes but that's because my kids like scary movies as long as they aren't blood and guts like Saw. But a good ghost/paranormal movie? Heck yeah! We have fun watching those. We all laugh at ourselves when we jump after seeing some ghost pop out! Lol
Seagodess
by Emerald Member on May. 17, 2015 at 10:51 AM

Probably.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 17, 2015 at 8:50 PM

LOL...he also has this weird fascination with haunted dolls.  I think he'd be scared shitless but he'd love it at the same time.

Quoting Anonymous 3: Yes but that's because my kids like scary movies as long as they aren't blood and guts like Saw. But a good ghost/paranormal movie? Heck yeah! We have fun watching those. We all laugh at ourselves when we jump after seeing some ghost pop out! Lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 17, 2015 at 8:51 PM

my 12 year old granddaughter loves horror movies, ghost. so it would be a yes for this!

EvilQueenMommy
by Platinum Member on May. 17, 2015 at 8:57 PM

No idea, because he is only 3, but he seems pretty brave so far. It scared me when I saw it as a kid, but I was pretty young too

megz0511
by Silver Member on May. 17, 2015 at 8:58 PM
Probably. I took my just turned 11 yo ss to see Annabelle
CampClan
by Platinum Member on May. 17, 2015 at 9:00 PM
Oh heck no! I want to see the new one only because I was terrified of the originals. LOL I don't do scary movies though. My 15yo dd is just like me... she's intrigued but....
caustinb
by Ruby Member on May. 17, 2015 at 9:01 PM
Depends on the kid. Some can handle scary movies, some can't.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)