Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DH got in my face screaming at me...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 46 Replies
All because I decided to transfer MY children to a private school I recently accepted a teaching job with. He also accused me of pushing him when I backed up and tried to walk around him. I honestly don't know what to think. I find his actions unsettling.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 17, 2015 at 9:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
witzandglitz
by Queen Lollipop on May. 17, 2015 at 9:13 AM
Did you scream back?
fairymaid23
by Silver Member on May. 17, 2015 at 9:14 AM
Y would he get mad because you transferred them? Is this reaction a new behavior for him? Are the children his?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 17, 2015 at 9:14 AM
Why is he mad? Are you now having to pay for this private school?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 17, 2015 at 9:15 AM
Did he know you accepted the job? Did you talk to him about transferring your children before you did it?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 17, 2015 at 9:16 AM

Admittedly, I would be extremely angry if my DH were to transfer our kids to a different school, without my approval.  Did you make the transfer without his agreement or knowledge?

BaronSamedi
by Gold Member on May. 17, 2015 at 9:16 AM
1 mom liked this

How much did it cost?  Did you discus it with him before hand?  Is there something about this school he finds objectionable?

Toonkasmommy
by Challenger 💗 on May. 17, 2015 at 9:17 AM
Did you discuss it with him first?
mary716
by on May. 17, 2015 at 9:19 AM
In no way should he have screamed in your face. But was this not discussed beforehand? Did you not think he should have a say?
A.Whovian
by on May. 17, 2015 at 9:19 AM
I would have asked him nicely once to back up and lower his voice. If he refused to I would have walked away and when he calmed down I would have informed him that he was to never ever yell at me or act aggressively to me again.
Don't let him get away with that.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 17, 2015 at 9:20 AM
Quoting fairymaid23: Y would he get mad because you transferred them? Is this reaction a new behavior for him? Are the children his?

I'm not sure. They aren't his kids, he isntheirmstep dad. Yes this is new behavior for him.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)