Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If you are a single mom.......

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 46 Replies
Do you ever get to go out and do something alone and will your parents babysit?

I haven't been out by myself since i was pregnant with ds. My mom refuses to watch my kids so i don't ask. My dad would gladly watch them but he lives out of state. My brother works and will only take dd if my mom asks.

Other than that ds has been with me for almost a year straight and as of tomorrow dd will have been with me a whole month(her dad has jc but because of his wife has cut off contact with her).

Dd goes to school 4 days a week and ds is obviously with me daily. I'm wondering how many of you have parents that will take your kids for a night/weekend?
Posted by Anonymous on May. 17, 2015 at 9:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CorpCityGrl
by Ruby Member on May. 17, 2015 at 9:27 AM
My parents take DD as often as I need and will come over here too. Soon to be exDH also will take her when needed outside of his visitation.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 17, 2015 at 9:27 AM

My mom always would help me out and would even suprise me once in a while by taking all three for an extended weekend so I could rest. Otherwise I would hire someone to do it for me. 

LadyAmaranth
by on May. 17, 2015 at 9:27 AM
Once in a blue moon but not often.
CampClan
by Platinum Member on May. 17, 2015 at 9:30 AM
When the kids were younger my ex (then H) would ask his mom, sister, or my parents. If none of them could do it then we would hire a sitter.

Now that they are older the older 2 (19 & 15) can watch the younger ones (11 & 5... 14yo doesn't need a sitter).

I use to go out once a week on a date with my boyfriend. But we're not together at the moment. Between ex & BF I did not go out (a period of a year & a half) because all my friends are married or the single ones are way younger than me & have kids that can't be left alone (don't want to offer my kids to babysit cuz they will have too many).
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 17, 2015 at 9:30 AM
My mom will watch my daughter when I work, but wont watch when I want to go out.. If I go out (which is about once every 3-4 months) I go on Saturday nights when Dd Is with her dad
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 17, 2015 at 9:32 AM
She will take him when I ask unless she made prior plans. She often asks to have him for a few hours on Sundays if we don't have plans. Plus he's in school all day.
KsAangel25
by Gold Member on May. 17, 2015 at 9:32 AM
My mother lives 1000 miles away but I wouldn't let her watch my kids. We might go out every 6 or 7 months.
mommytothree07
by Platinum Member on May. 17, 2015 at 9:32 AM
They would watch him, but I do not go out. I figure my kid is only young once and soon he's not going to want to be around me. So I spend as much time as I can with him now. And no dad's not around.
bleumonster
by Sapphire Member on May. 17, 2015 at 9:33 AM
No my parents are too old. I had other family who would watch them occasionally but I didn't use it often.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 17, 2015 at 9:36 AM
I'm getting burned out on hearing mommy 24/7 i love my kids but i wanna change my name lol i'm glad when they go to bed at night cause thats really the only time i get time to myself.

Quoting CampClan: When the kids were younger my ex (then H) would ask his mom, sister, or my parents. If none of them could do it then we would hire a sitter.

Now that they are older the older 2 (19 & 15) can watch the younger ones (11 & 5... 14yo doesn't need a sitter).

I use to go out once a week on a date with my boyfriend. But we're not together at the moment. Between ex & BF I did not go out (a period of a year & a half) because all my friends are married or the single ones are way younger than me & have kids that can't be left alone (don't want to offer my kids to babysit cuz they will have too many).
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)