Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Problems with bm and preschool..edit!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 47 Replies
So dh and I both have a four year old from a previous relationship. He has a boy, I have a girl. Dh has 50/50 physical custody of his son. Anyway, this fall it's time to put the kids into preschool. Dh works for a school district close to home, so the kids get into preschool for free. We had already talked to bm about it and she agreed because we wanted them two together, and helped fill out the paperwork for school. We had them all registered. Since January. Now all of a sudden she gets a preschool teaching job out of nowhere at this expensive place and decides she wants stepson to go there because he'd get in for free because she works there. My dd can't go because its just too expensive. Oh, and bow all of a sudden she's"questioning the quality" of the preschool we have them registered for since they have a program for low income families. Most public preschools do though! Ugh. Anyway, when it comes down to it she has the final say. I'm just disappointed and venting because I wanted them together :(. Whatever she feels is best though..I guess. Sigh.

Eta: Now bm and I get along great and she's a great mom. She even came to my baby shower. I do see her point of view in all this. If I was teaching at a preschool, I'd love for my child to be with me too! Of course! It's only frustrating because they were all registered and excited to get to go to school together. The kids are close. Now as far as this place being better quality, I don't know if it is for sure just because it's expensive. They hired bm as a teacher and she doesn't even have any background in early childhood education. Now don't get me wrong just because I say that, I'm sure she does a great job. Bit if they're just hiring people who have no experience with kids then I don't wee how it's "high quality". Anyway. This is just a vent. I'm not even starting a fight with her about it. Dh is more upset than I am. I don't want them to fight. I live when everyone gets along..
Posted by Anonymous on May. 17, 2015 at 10:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
luckysevenwow
by Emerald Member on May. 17, 2015 at 10:48 AM
Why do they need to be together?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 17, 2015 at 10:51 AM
They don't need to be, we just really wanted them to be. It's just easier and they were excited about it. She has her own opinion though. I'm just venting :/.

Quoting luckysevenwow: Why do they need to be together?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 17, 2015 at 10:53 AM
1 mom liked this
She wants the best education for him. No biggie.
myperfect4inok
by Gold Member on May. 17, 2015 at 10:56 AM
1 mom liked this
Just because something is expensive doesn't mean its better.

Quoting Anonymous 2: She wants the best education for him. No biggie.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 17, 2015 at 10:56 AM
It's just preschool though I guess. We plan on enrolling them both wherever she wants them to go when they start kindergarten.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 17, 2015 at 10:57 AM
I'm sorry. I get where you are coming from and I hate it when people change plans that have been made in advance.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 17, 2015 at 10:58 AM
Yeah and this place is brand new so we don't even know if it's better. Also, she has no background in childhood education at all. So..yeah....don't get me wrong though, I'm sure she's a wonderful "teacher". She's great with kids. But still..

Quoting myperfect4inok: Just because something is expensive doesn't mean its better.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 17, 2015 at 10:59 AM
It sucks because I know there's going to be a fight about this between her and dh and I love when everyone just gets along.

Quoting Anonymous 3: I'm sorry. I get where you are coming from and I hate it when people change plans that have been made in advance.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 17, 2015 at 11:00 AM
1 mom liked this
I can understand the disappointment. I'm guessing the two children are close?

Anyway, if I were her, I'd want my child to go to the school I worked at, too. Especially if it's at a place I feel is better.

Just cut your losses. This won't be the last time there are disappointments within your blended family. You have many years of them ahead.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 17, 2015 at 11:03 AM
Lol yeah. I'm sure. Luckily we normally all get along great. She even came to my baby shower. But yes, the two are pretty close and were excited to go to school together.

Quoting Anonymous 4: I can understand the disappointment. I'm guessing the two children are close?

Anyway, if I were her, I'd want my child to go to the school I worked at, too. Especially if it's at a place I feel is better.

Just cut your losses. This won't be the last time there are disappointments within your blended family. You have many years of them ahead.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)