Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

check this out! Pic

Posted by on May. 17, 2015 at 11:13 AM
  • 8 Replies
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Dh and I passed this guy on our morning run! I love country living. Our 5 mile jog is through the mountains and woods.
by on May. 17, 2015 at 11:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Yari2688
by Member on May. 17, 2015 at 11:14 AM
Awesome!

Quoting mrswillie:

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Dh and I passed this guy on our morning run! I love country living. Our 5 mile jog is through the mountains and woods.
Seagodess
by Emerald Member on May. 17, 2015 at 11:15 AM

Is that an owl? 

mrswillie
by Ruby Member on May. 17, 2015 at 11:17 AM
1 mom liked this
Yes

Quoting Seagodess:

Is that an owl? 

Ultrakiwi
by Glockenspiel on May. 17, 2015 at 11:19 AM

Damn, I need to put my glasses on.  I thought this was a picture of a bigfoot hiding behind shrubbery..

PinkButterfly66
by Sapphire Member on May. 17, 2015 at 11:22 AM

Friday morning, the red tailed hawk that lives in a tree in the woods behind our back yard flew to the telephone pole about 50 feet from our family room window.  I didn't have my phone with me so I couldn't take a picture.  As soon as I tried to move, he flew away. But I've seen him even closer.  We have a cross bar over the deck steps that previous owners built and we left alone when we rebuilt the deck.  The kitchen has a big window that looks out over the deck too.  One morning, one of the hawks was perched on the cross beam cleaning its claws.  I went into the kitchen for more coffee and there he was.  He spent several minutes at it.  He was maybe 20 feet away.  I could see his yellow eyes.  When I called to the hubs and daughter, he flew away.  

mrswillie
by Ruby Member on May. 17, 2015 at 11:25 AM

Mobile Photo

I love living in the woods. We see all sorts or wildlife. This was taken on our motion censored game camera. This is about 100 ft from my front porch.

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

Friday morning, the red tailed hawk that lives in a tree in the woods behind our back yard flew to the telephone pole about 50 feet from our family room window.  I didn't have my phone with me so I couldn't take a picture.  As soon as I tried to move, he flew away. But I've seen him even closer.  We have a cross bar over the deck steps that previous owners built and we left alone when we rebuilt the deck.  The kitchen has a big window that looks out over the deck too.  One morning, one of the hawks was perched on the cross beam cleaning its claws.  I went into the kitchen for more coffee and there he was.  He spent several minutes at it.  He was maybe 20 feet away.  I could see his yellow eyes.  When I called to the hubs and daughter, he flew away.  

PinkButterfly66
by Sapphire Member on May. 17, 2015 at 11:32 AM

Is that a bear?  Eeek!  I live in the suburbs and deer are the only 'big' wildlife' we have 'round here, thank goodness.  No bear, no coyote.  

Quoting mrswillie:

Mobile Photo

I love living in the woods. We see all sorts or wildlife. This was taken on our motion censored game camera. This is about 100 ft from my front porch.
Quoting PinkButterfly66:

mrswillie
by Ruby Member on May. 17, 2015 at 12:04 PM
Yes, it's a black bear. We have bear, coyote, fox, deer, rattle snake and copperhead snack (other snakes also but those are the only poisonous here). Those are the big or worst for the most part. Oh mountain goat also.

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

Is that a bear?  Eeek!  I live in the suburbs and deer are the only 'big' wildlife' we have 'round here, thank goodness.  No bear, no coyote.  

Quoting mrswillie:

Mobile Photo

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)