Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How should I handle a family member flirting with my husband?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 166 Replies

I am 27 years old and live with my 30 year old husband and our 2 very small kids. My great aunt (who is 54) lives with us until she can get out of debt (she said she only needs two years) she pays have the utilities but does not pay rent. I have noticed that over the past 6 months she is always laughing and joking with my husband. She agrees to everything he thinks and I just found out buys him weed. She does not smoke it but will buy "just in case he runs out" every time she comes out she wonders where he is or where he went. I know that she is feeling a certain way about him my intuitions are almost always correct. How should I go about handling this? I want to own my emotions but at the same time I do not want to create drama. She has no children and has a track record with sleeping with married men. The last man she was meeting up in a hotel with had a 9 month old child. Even my mother on Easter Sunday told me to watch her because she seemed flirty. How should I handle this?

Posted by Anonymous on May. 17, 2015 at 11:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 17, 2015 at 11:22 AM

bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 17, 2015 at 11:22 AM

bump

Squat2pee
by on May. 17, 2015 at 11:23 AM
9 moms liked this

Kick her out of the house.

Snapdragon88
by Ruby Member on May. 17, 2015 at 11:24 AM
2 moms liked this
Have you talked to your dh about it?
Seagodess
by Emerald Member on May. 17, 2015 at 11:24 AM
3 moms liked this

Unless your husband seems into her as well or she is doing something inappropriate, I wouldn't worry about it. She's 25 years older and probably just looking for some attention.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 17, 2015 at 11:25 AM
2 moms liked this
Get her out of your house NOW
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 17, 2015 at 11:25 AM

Quoting Squat2pee:

Kick her out of the house.

fightlikegirl5
by on May. 17, 2015 at 11:26 AM
She would be thrown the Fuck out of my house
Momma_bearTo2
by Bronze Member on May. 17, 2015 at 11:26 AM
3 moms liked this
This is why I'm a firm believer in not bringing people into your home when you're married.
Do you trust your husband?
I would chalk it up to her being desperate for attention. She's older and lonely, however keep an eye on the situation.
Personally, I'd make a joke about it in front of them to see how they act lol and let her know you're watching her...,
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 17, 2015 at 11:26 AM

I asked him if she seems flirty. He admitted yes but that he would not even go there because she is "old" but we all know that BS

Quoting Snapdragon88: Have you talked to your dh about it?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)