Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Preparing for pregnancy?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies

What did you do or are you doing to prepare yourself and your body for pregnancy? Did it help you get pregnant?

Posted by Anonymous on May. 17, 2015 at 11:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Seagodess
by Emerald Member on May. 17, 2015 at 11:34 AM

I didn't do anything. 

KiddieRN
by on May. 17, 2015 at 11:34 AM
The best thing you can do is take folic acid
mary716
by on May. 17, 2015 at 11:35 AM
Yeah, I just had sex and boom! We are on number 3. No prep work necessary.
Ferngully549
by Gold Member on May. 17, 2015 at 11:37 AM
I took prenatals. I drank lots of water. I made sure my thyroid levels were within healthy range (I had it removed in 2011). I ate a LOT of leafy greens (I love spinach salad). Other than that I just did temping and charting.

We prepared financially too but I was having trouble getting pregnant so the physical/diet part was more importAnt.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 17, 2015 at 11:37 AM
I believe in being healthy all of the time, not just in hopes of conceiving (which was never a problem for me....I have the opposite problem in fact)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 17, 2015 at 4:11 PM

and all that helped?

Quoting Ferngully549: I took prenatals. I drank lots of water. I made sure my thyroid levels were within healthy range (I had it removed in 2011). I ate a LOT of leafy greens (I love spinach salad). Other than that I just did temping and charting. We prepared financially too but I was having trouble getting pregnant so the physical/diet part was more importAnt.

Ferngully549
by Gold Member on May. 17, 2015 at 4:22 PM

Well I am 14 weeks pregnant! So I would say so! lol

It didn't happen overnight but it took me less than 6 months (from starting the stuff I mentioned) to get pregnant.

Another thing we used is called Preseed during intercourse. It's a sperm friendly lubricant. I used it the nights we had sex and the 2 days before and 2 days after. That went with the temping/charting aspect of it. We used Preseed 2 months and I got pregnant on the 2nd month. Take that as you will.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

and all that helped?

Quoting Ferngully549: I took prenatals. I drank lots of water. I made sure my thyroid levels were within healthy range (I had it removed in 2011). I ate a LOT of leafy greens (I love spinach salad). Other than that I just did temping and charting. We prepared financially too but I was having trouble getting pregnant so the physical/diet part was more importAnt.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 17, 2015 at 4:25 PM
For my first pregnancy I took prenatal vitamins. For my second I was a bit older so I had to prep a little more. I lost weight and I took prenatal vitamins and folic acid. I also went to my gyno and got checked and had bloodwork done to make sure everything was working properly. I just wanted to make sure I was healthy enough to do it again.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)