Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Offering help to a baby wearer

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 0 Replies
I totally get that you're afraid he's going to fall when you see me putting him on my back. I think it is awesome that you're willing to offer help when all I see online is MYOB attitudes. That being said, once you've offered and I have declined, please keep your hands to yourself.

See, what you don't seem to realize is that this isn't the first time I've put him on my back. I've practiced with a spotter and over my bed many times until we were comfortable with getting him up there. This is something we are completely comfortable and capable of doing.

Now, you're welcome to stand there and watch; I get that you probably want to be close by in order to catch him if he falls like you think he will. The thing is, once you start trying to help, it throws my balance off. You're jerking him around to make him more secure in your eyes, but you're throwing him off balance and I begin to feel like he's going to fall. Yes, I know my shirt is riding up, but I will focus on pulling it down again once he is 100% secure.

Thank you for your concern, feel free to watch/supervise, but please keep your hands to yourself unless I ask for your assistance. Trust me, we've got this.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 17, 2015 at 12:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)