Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

stop it with the in and out BS!!!!

Posted by on May. 17, 2015 at 1:37 PM
  • 55 Replies
Ugh I'm getting aggravated as all get out today!!! It's a beautiful 76 and sunny. My son is outside and has come back to check in about every 20 minutes...which is fine! But my daughter is driving me bat shit! She keeps running in and out with this little girl she just met about 2 weeks ago. This little girl is constantly can we have this, can I have that, can we do this....now, I gave you all a popsicle and water bottle. I'm washing floors and cleaning. Stop coming in and out every 5 seconds especially with your dirty shoes!!! I pulled dd aside and said if it keeps up, she's in for the day and no friends over. She knows better, but she said it's Emma. Emma doesn't want to play outside. Well tough titties for Emma she can run in and out if her house every 5.seconds then. (No, I didn't say that last bit to my dd but it was running thru my head)
by on May. 17, 2015 at 1:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
5babies757
by Gold Member on May. 17, 2015 at 1:38 PM
I'm going through the same thing
mary716
by on May. 17, 2015 at 1:41 PM
I'm about to lock the screen door lol you can shout if you need something

Quoting 5babies757: I'm going through the same thing
CrapBag
by Member on May. 17, 2015 at 1:42 PM
My 9 year old's friends do this. Then when they do come in to play, they ask for everything (food/drink wise). It's annoying.
Seagodess
by Emerald Member on May. 17, 2015 at 1:42 PM

I hate the in and out. I tell DS and his friends that they can only come in to go to the bathroom or get some water.

Inana
by Controversial on May. 17, 2015 at 1:44 PM
I used to lock the screen doors to keep the little buggers off my clean floors. I'd meet then at the door to see what they wanted. If it was legit, I'd let them in. If it was be, they stayed out. Drinking from the garden hose was a norm. But later on as they got into the teens, if put a cooler full of drinks and food on the back porch. They'd grill burgers and hot dogs and hang out with friends. We had an in ground pool so we always had tons of kids come over and try to come in and wreck the house with wet feet.
threat
by Gold Member on May. 17, 2015 at 1:45 PM
I wish I could go through that. I can't get my kids out of my house. All they want to do it play on the electronics, watch tv or just destroy the house. The only way I can get them outside is if I go somewhere but myself and my youngest are sick :-(
mary716
by on May. 17, 2015 at 1:45 PM
Yes omg yes lol she's like Emma wants a cookie, Emma wants tea....well Emma has a home a few doors down. I'll give out freezy pops and water bottles like t-shirts at a concert. But you don't need everything in the fridge and pantry!

Quoting CrapBag: My 9 year old's friends do this. Then when they do come in to play, they ask for everything (food/drink wise). It's annoying.
randi1978
by Murdoc's Mistress on May. 17, 2015 at 1:46 PM

Kiddo's been doing the same thing all weekend.  I finally told her I was timing her and if she came back in any less than 20 minutes after walking out, she'd be in for the day.

mary716
by on May. 17, 2015 at 1:47 PM
Oh no, we save electronics for when it's time

Quoting threat: I wish I could go through that. I can't get my kids out of my house. All they want to do it play on the electronics, watch tv or just destroy the house. The only way I can get them outside is if I go somewhere but myself and my youngest are sick :-(
RIPCORD
by Gold Member on May. 17, 2015 at 1:47 PM
When it gets to that point I tell my kids one more time and they're in for a while.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)