Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you give them the video game?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 13 Replies

My son has a ds and lately he has been telling his cousin that he could have/borrow one of the games that both boys like The thing is that I am not really comfortable giving the game to my sister because it could get lost or they may just never return it. We will see each other at a birthday party on like an hour, am I obligated to give her the game based on my sons promises?

Posted by Anonymous on May. 17, 2015 at 2:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
-OriginalPoster
by -NotOP on May. 17, 2015 at 2:38 PM
Can you buy him his own copy for his birthday?
ejkdmom
by Gold Member on May. 17, 2015 at 2:40 PM

How old is your son?  Is he old enough to realize the consquenses of his actions?  Does he know that if he loans the game to his cousing me might not get it back?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 17, 2015 at 2:40 PM

This is your grandchild? What does your son, his father think? Isn't it up to dad whether or not his child can lend a game?

SallySkellingtn
by Silver Member on May. 17, 2015 at 2:41 PM
How old are the children? Type up a "borrowing contract" stating date of return and condition you expect it to be returned in. Also include that if it is lost or damaged than the borrowing person must replace it by a certain date/number of days. No signature, no lending.
-OriginalPoster
by -NotOP on May. 17, 2015 at 2:42 PM
A ds is like a gameboy.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

This is your grandchild? What does your son, his father think? Isn't it up to dad whether or not his child can lend a game?

ArmyWife112908
by Mrs.Crane on May. 17, 2015 at 2:42 PM
1 mom liked this
I feel the same ds promises stuff to his friends and I tell them politely that yes he promised that but we have a this rule. Explain the rule and tell them sorry then explain to your ds why he can't do that. I've broken many a kids hearts they get over it.
lenashark
by Emerald Member on May. 17, 2015 at 2:43 PM

Her son, the child, has a ds, which is a handheld video games system. Her son does not have a son.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

GhettoKoolAide
by on May. 17, 2015 at 2:43 PM
Nope. I wouldn't hand shit over even with a pinky promise between the kids.
MariannLws
by Platinum Member on May. 17, 2015 at 2:43 PM

My son would do the same thing. Promise his games to be borrowed out to friends and family. I would tell them "Michael misspoke. We do not lend out video games" That usually ended the conversation. If they pushed futher I would tell them "The games never come back in the same condition as they were giving and someone always end up disappointed" 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 17, 2015 at 2:44 PM

Oh, a Nintendo DS?? lol I read it as my son has a darling son with cousins.

Well OP do you have a reason not to trust the relatives?

Quoting lenashark:

Her son, the child, has a ds, which is a handheld video games system. Her son does not have a son.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)