• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Arguing over AC? Really?

Posted by on May. 17, 2015 at 3:17 PM
  • 31 Replies
I HATE being hot. I don't mind it on a beach, by the pool or outside in general, but I hate when it's hot in the house. It's only about 85 here today but it's humid and I feel gross. Worst of all is at night when I'm trying to sleep.

Every single year DH and I argue over when to turn the AC on. He likes the heat and he says it's not hot enough to need it on yet. Well what the hell is hot enough? 100? He also won't like turn it on for a hot day, then turn it off the next if we don't need it. He doesn't like to turn it on unless it's staying on. The rest of the week is supposed to be in the mid 70s so that's fine but once it's consistently 80 plus it's going on whether he likes it or not. When do you turn on your AC for the summer?
by on May. 17, 2015 at 3:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PeppermintyTea
by on May. 17, 2015 at 3:19 PM
You sound like my parents... They argue over the a/c, and the heat. Both are as stubborn as the day is long. We don't need a/c here where we live, but my husband is more of the "whatever makes you comfortable" type when it comes to that stuff. Do you have a fan? How about a blender? Turn a fan, and make some icees.
AlwaysKISA
by Ruby Member on May. 17, 2015 at 3:20 PM
It's been on for a couple of weeks!
KairisMama
by Emerald Member on May. 17, 2015 at 3:21 PM

Mine is on today due to 98% humidity outside and 80 degree weather. I will turn it off again, as the week ahead should be low 70s.

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on May. 17, 2015 at 3:21 PM
Our AC has been on for a few weeks now. DH and I both loathe being hot.
Sparkler16
by Ruby Member on May. 17, 2015 at 3:22 PM
No fans. Which now I'm regretting. When we built the house he wanted wiling fans and I didn't because I think they are ugly. I'm now regretting that decision lol. In the meantime. I have a huge bottle of ice lemon water

Quoting PeppermintyTea: You sound like my parents... They argue over the a/c, and the heat. Both are as stubborn as the day is long. We don't need a/c here where we live, but my husband is more of the "whatever makes you comfortable" type when it comes to that stuff. Do you have a fan? How about a blender? Turn a fan, and make some icees.
SamanthaSage
by on May. 17, 2015 at 3:24 PM
I'm kind of with him. Boyfriend asked if he should put the AC in, but two warm days out of seven, there's really no point yet. Today is 75 and then it's going to get down to 40 tonight and then a high of 50 tomorrow. Our weather has really been back and forth this year. I'll let him can put it in when it actually stays hot.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 17, 2015 at 3:24 PM
Whoa. There are days when it's cold in the morning and I turn the heat on, and then it's hot in the afternoon and I turn the ac on. If the temp in my house reaches 75, I turn it on. Or, if I'm cleaning and get hot, I turn it on no matter what the temp is. I wouldn't give a fiddler's fudge what my dh thought.
redheadtmk
by Ruby Member on May. 17, 2015 at 3:25 PM

As soon as I start to feel hot and uncomfortable. Dh is always cold and I am always hot. We compromise. He sleeps with a million blankets and a wall of pillows between us so I can have my fan on. Which I face so it does not blow across the bed.  I turn the AC on when I am really uncomfortable. For the most part I run around the house practically naked, and he is always fully dressed with socks and a sweatshirt. When it is getting stuffy and opening a window does nothing to cool it off, the AC goes on. I hate stale air.

Leissaintexas
by Ruby Member on May. 17, 2015 at 3:26 PM
Here, we dont have consistent winters. If its 80 in January, I'm running the ac. I'm not waiting till a certain date or temp. If I gat hot, I get crabby.no one wants that.
luckysevenwow
by Emerald Member on May. 17, 2015 at 3:27 PM
I need consistent hrat before I'll turn mine on, we just use fans until it's hot enough.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)