Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I knew you love her more than me! :(

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies
DS came to me holding my one-week old DD! He took her out of her bassinet when she was sleeping. I was starting to prepare a pie in the kitchen. I panicked and said, "Give her to me!" and I snatched her out of his hands. I said, "Don't ever do that again!" His little face crumpled and he started crying. :( Through his tears, he said: "I knew you love her more than me!" and he ran to his room and cried. He is crying in his bed right now. :( I feel absolutely terrible! I know I overreacted, and I don't know how but I am going to have to make it up to my little boy. :(
Posted by Anonymous on May. 17, 2015 at 3:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Tay06
by Gold Member on May. 17, 2015 at 3:20 PM
Why I am terrified of having another child. My son is 4. Good luck. It'll be okay.
MommyHuman
by Platinum Member on May. 17, 2015 at 3:22 PM

How old is he? Maybe he was trying to help, or just wanted to hold his new sister. You overreacted a lot. You need to explain that when the baby sleeps he needs to leave her be. You also need to apologize and assure him you love him just the same.

Medic32
by Go PREDS! on May. 17, 2015 at 3:24 PM
Go talk to him. Explain how fragile she is and might break.

Let him be your big helper with her. Involve him in bringing diapers or holding her with you there.

Make sure you spend special grown up big boy time with him each week. I do a movie every Sunday with dd.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 17, 2015 at 3:24 PM
He will be six on June 27. I know he was just trying to help. I owe him a big apology. I'm crying myself right now! :(

Quoting MommyHuman:

How old is he? Maybe he was trying to help, or just wanted to hold his new sister. You overreacted a lot. You need to explain that when the baby sleeps he needs to leave her be. You also need to apologize and assure him you love him just the same.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 17, 2015 at 3:26 PM

Just talk to him.  Explain that she is fragile and tell him you need him to be your helper with her.  My son was so proud to help me with his sister.  He brought me diapers, wipes, talked o her when I was busy.  That kind of thing.  He felt wanted and needed and has been so happy to be her big brother.  I still ask for his help and he's happy to.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 17, 2015 at 6:04 PM
Bump!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 17, 2015 at 11:53 PM
1 mom liked this
I apologized profusely to DS before he went to sleep. I sat on his bed and spoke with him. I explained that his baby sister is fragile and I got scared, and that he is too young and too small to pick her up or hold her standing up. I promised him he may hold her when he is sitting down and when I am in the room with them. I praised him for being such a great helper with DD (which he really has been...bringing me diapers, wipes, a clean outfit, a pacifier, talking to the baby, etc.) and to keep up the good work! I assured him I love him & his new sister more than anything, and that he is my favorite little boy in the whole world and she is my favorite little girl in the whole world. And I told him he is special because he made me a mommy, and that means the world to me. He showered me with kisses!
aimkins18
by Silver Member on May. 18, 2015 at 12:35 PM
My almost 4 year old DS is having problems too with his 6 week old sister. He wants to hold her, touch her and just love her and I have to tell him to back off and he gets upset. So at night I give her to DH and we cuddle and read stories in his bed. During the day we play with nerf & he helps me with laundry. It's a hard balancing act.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 18, 2015 at 12:51 PM
Aww!

Quoting aimkins18: My almost 4 year old DS is having problems too with his 6 week old sister. He wants to hold her, touch her and just love her and I have to tell him to back off and he gets upset. So at night I give her to DH and we cuddle and read stories in his bed. During the day we play with nerf & he helps me with laundry. It's a hard balancing act.
corticosteroid
by Sapphire Member on May. 18, 2015 at 12:52 PM

Look, just apologize and explain that babies are delicate.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)