Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

OMG, Lady put him in threapy

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 31 Replies
I have a neighbor who has a son who just turned 14. He has adhd,odd, bipolar, panic disorder the 9 yards pretty much.

I know how hard it is to have children with mental illness. I have 2. One with bipolar and another who was diagnosed with adhd and ODD, BUT recently changed to adhd and a mood disorder.

My neighbor has mental illness too. Bipolar, ptsd, a couple of phobias, anxiety, panic disorder. Everything

Back to her son.
she won't do threapy. She said she had her kids ( her youngest has adhd, bipolar too) in TBOS and the threapist called dcf on her. So she refuses any type of threapy now.
her oldest is starting to get violent now. The doctor can't do anything else meds wise because he is already on a whole pharmacy worth of meds. Probably more than 10 a day.

He is now getting Violent with her. And I told her try behavior threapy. She is against it. I told her look if he is getting violent it will only get worse if he doesn't learn how to cope with his anger. He need threapy to help him to do that. Try family threapy. They will give him coping skills and help your learn how to deal with him as well because man handling isn't working, which is what she does. He will be going into high school in 1 more year things are going to get real and real life consequences are going to start happening.

I hope she takes my advice. I have my youngest in behavior threapy for his anger and it helps, my oldest in TBOS aka intensive threapy for Bipolar. It is slowly working.

Therapy is spelled incorrect. Autocorrect and I'm not going through trying to correct all of them.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 17, 2015 at 3:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MommyHuman
by Platinum Member on May. 17, 2015 at 3:37 PM

You said this kid is on a lot of Meds. How do you know it's the meds causing this? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 17, 2015 at 3:39 PM
He been on meds his whole life for all of his issues since he was 6. Maybe they are maybe they aren't I don't know but I do know not doing anything isn't going to help him any.

Quoting MommyHuman:

You said this kid is on a lot of Meds. How do you know it's the meds causing this? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 17, 2015 at 3:46 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 17, 2015 at 3:59 PM
1 mom liked this
THERAPY

You spelled it incorrectly NINE times in your OP.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 17, 2015 at 4:01 PM
It is auto correct.

It changes words incorrectly.

Quoting Anonymous 2: THERAPY

two4one
by Ruby Member on May. 17, 2015 at 4:01 PM
Lol, that was driving me nuts!

Peyton and Mackenzie~11/22/04

Do Not Breed or Buy Labels

strictmomhere
by Ruby Member on May. 17, 2015 at 4:02 PM
Yep he need therapy
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 17, 2015 at 4:02 PM
Autocorrect doesn't change correctly spelled words to incorrecty spelled words. Plus, you spelled it more than one incorrect way.

Quoting Anonymous 1: It is auto correct.

MommyHuman
by Platinum Member on May. 17, 2015 at 4:03 PM

The MOm had him therapy before and it didn't help him. I think the problem is he has been on too many pharmceticals and now has brain is completly rewired. Maybe they should wean him off slowly and start over. There is no reason why a 6 year should be Ritlin, and bipolar meds. It seems like everyone thought it was easier to drug him than help him.

Quoting Anonymous 1: He been on meds his whole life for all of his issues since he was 6. Maybe they are maybe they aren't I don't know but I do know not doing anything isn't going to help him any.
Quoting MommyHuman:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 17, 2015 at 4:04 PM
yes it does and auto correct means,it changes every time you type it.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Autocorrect doesn't change correctly spelled words to incorrecty spelled words. Plus, you spelled it more than one incorrect way.

Quoting Anonymous 1: It is auto correct.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)