• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Religion

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 18 Replies
Anyone here Buddhist?
Posted by Anonymous on May. 17, 2015 at 3:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
januaryqueen
by Platinum Member on May. 17, 2015 at 3:47 PM
They're too peaceful for a site like this.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 17, 2015 at 3:48 PM

Quoting Anonymous 2:

I guess it's not that big of a trend as being a Atheist is.

Being an Athiest is a "trend" ? or Maybe it's more of a georgraphical thing.... 

blsdbyangel07
by Evil Food Lady on May. 17, 2015 at 3:53 PM
2 moms liked this
No. Proud Christian here but I'm one of those whom is respectful regardless of your beliefs.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 17, 2015 at 3:55 PM

Yes. Georgraphical and cultural. You think people just choose their religion when they come of age? Or are they taught and influenced from a young age. It would take a lot of time and effort to convert to a religion that you weren't raised with. 

Quoting Anonymous 2:

geographical???

Quoting Anonymous 3:

Quoting Anonymous 2:

nicki.hemingway
by Gold Member on May. 17, 2015 at 3:58 PM

Maybe the finally were able to get away from their parent's ideal of religion and got to live the spirituality they were all along.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

yes actually many are raise as Christians and when they become of age they choose to be Atheist.

Quoting Anonymous 3:

Yes. Georgraphical and cultural. You think people just choose their religion when they come of age? Or are they taught and influenced from a young age. It would take a lot of effort to convert to a religion that you weren't raised with. 

Quoting Anonymous 2:

geographical???

Quoting Anonymous 3:

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 17, 2015 at 4:02 PM

There's a difference between going from a practicing Christian to an athiest, than being raised one religion and converting to a religion that is not prevelant in your culture.  Most people associate with the religion their parents practice. 
But I was actually making the point that becomming buddhist isn't a "trendy" thing. Its less practiced because it's not as prevelant.  It's a little insulting to call someone's beleifs a trend. 
Im a little surprised the georgraphical thing was the debateable part.  Different religions are more prevelant in different parts of the world.  

Quoting Anonymous 2:

yes actually many live as Christians as children and when they become of age they choose to be Atheist.

Quoting Anonymous 3:

Yes. Georgraphical and cultural. You think people just choose their religion when they come of age? Or are they taught and influenced from a young age. It would take a lot of effort to convert to a religion that you weren't raised with. 

Quoting Anonymous 2:

geographical???

Quoting Anonymous 3:

Quoting Anonymous 2:

bcoll
by on May. 17, 2015 at 4:04 PM
No were are Greek Orthodox.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 17, 2015 at 4:04 PM
Well, definitely not a trend any more than Christianity is a trend. You either believe in deities or you don't.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

it's still not geographical as the pp stated.

Quoting nicki.hemingway:

Maybe the finally were able to get away from their parent's ideal of religion and got to live the spirituality they were all along.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

yes actually many are raise as Christians and when they become of age they choose to be Atheist.

Quoting Anonymous 3:

Quoting Anonymous 2:

geographical???

Quoting Anonymous 3:

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on May. 17, 2015 at 4:05 PM

I've started looking into Buddhism, reading books and meditating. I'd like to learn more but am unsure where to look.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 17, 2015 at 4:08 PM
Exactly.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

okay and??

Quoting Anonymous 4: Well, definitely not a trend any more than Christianity is a trend. You either believe in deities or you don't.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

it's still not geographical as the pp stated.

Quoting nicki.hemingway:

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Quoting Anonymous 3:

Quoting Anonymous 2:

geographical???

Quoting Anonymous 3:

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)