• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why did I have to have a big house?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 25 Replies
We had some storms come through and found shingles on the ground. So I climbed up on the roof with dh. Fuck all that. I'm not really afraid of heights, but you're not tied to anything up there. Hitting the ground would hurt like hell.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 17, 2015 at 4:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bcoll
by on May. 17, 2015 at 4:07 PM
I'd hire someone for that. Heights don't bother me but I don't know a thing about roofing. Lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 17, 2015 at 4:18 PM
I'd never try to roof the whole house. No way. But we can apply a couple shingles so much cheaper than hiring someone. I just had to have the 2 story though. Lol

Quoting bcoll: I'd hire someone for that. Heights don't bother me but I don't know a thing about roofing. Lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 17, 2015 at 4:19 PM

#firstworldproblems

ame85
by Chemistry cat on May. 17, 2015 at 4:21 PM

I never did mind climbing up on a roof. These days I won't do it though, I am far too pregnant for that business.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 17, 2015 at 4:24 PM
It's pretty steep up there. 2 stories too? That would hurt like hell if I fell off. I don't have time for broken legs.

Quoting ame85:

I never did mind climbing up on a roof. These days I won't do it though, I am far too pregnant for that business.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 17, 2015 at 4:25 PM
Yeah but that's still a long way down.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

#firstworldproblems

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 17, 2015 at 4:28 PM

Was joking. But really though, I've seen small houses with really high slanted roofs.  It was just the  "why oh why did I have to buy a huge two story house because a couple shingles fell off".  ;)  

Quoting Anonymous 1: Yeah but that's still a long way down.
Quoting Anonymous 2:

#firstworldproblems

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 17, 2015 at 4:30 PM

I don't dare go up on our roof. I caught our 12 year old up on the roof running back and forth one day. about gave me a heart attack.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 17, 2015 at 4:33 PM
1 mom liked this
lol. Yeah I got that. Every time we go to repair or paint or anything I'm like, "why the hell...?" Although there is a house not too far from here that slid off into the lake when all the rains cause a sinkhole in the dining room. Eek.
I just wish I had friends in the roofing business. Haha!

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Was joking. But really though, I've seen small houses with really high slanted roofs.  It was just the  "why oh why did I have to buy a huge two story house because a couple shingles fell off".  ;)  

Quoting Anonymous 1: Yeah but that's still a long way down.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

#firstworldproblems

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 17, 2015 at 4:35 PM
Holy shit. How'd he get up there? We don't even have a tall enough ladder. My brother brought us his work ladder.

Quoting Anonymous 3:

I don't dare go up on our roof. I caught our 12 year old up on the roof running back and forth one day. about gave me a heart attack.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)