• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Wife beaters

Posted by on May. 17, 2015 at 4:21 PM
  • 85 Replies
How do you feel about them? I just bought my 12 year old a pack of them yesterday by his request and he wore one out today for rollerblading without a shirt over it. I was not thrilled about it but what can I say, he's old enough to pick out his clothing choices. Do you allow your sons to wear them out in public? Btw it was 85 degrees today.
by on May. 17, 2015 at 4:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 17, 2015 at 4:22 PM
1 mom liked this

tacky looking.  Either wear them under a shirt or buy an actual tank top.

cryssor
by Bronze Member on May. 17, 2015 at 4:22 PM

I'm not a fan but at least he's wearing a shirt? can't really dictate what a 12 year wears unless you deem it inappropriate. 

Maks1mommy
by Emerald Member on May. 17, 2015 at 4:23 PM
Out here they are very common but ONLY as an under shirt. I wouldn't like it, because the only guys that wear them As shirts are kind of skanky meth heads.
ReaIisticBeauty
by Platinum Member on May. 17, 2015 at 4:26 PM
He didn't have a shirt over it. I'm starting to think the only reason he asked for them is to show off his arms lol

Quoting cryssor:

I'm not a fan but at least he's wearing a shirt? can't really dictate what a 12 year wears unless you deem it inappropriate. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 17, 2015 at 4:28 PM
My husband wears them under his shirt but I dont really have any opinion on them.
ReaIisticBeauty
by Platinum Member on May. 17, 2015 at 4:28 PM
They're not common to wear out here unless they're under the shirt or for basketball and he's not playing basketball at this time.

Quoting Maks1mommy: Out here they are very common but ONLY as an under shirt. I wouldn't like it, because the only guys that wear them As shirts are kind of skanky meth heads.
mama2ameira
by captain underpants on May. 17, 2015 at 4:29 PM
I wear SOs around the house. My nephew (5) has been wearing them during the summer for a couple years now. Only around the house, or in the yard. They're comfortable and light.
cryssor
by Bronze Member on May. 17, 2015 at 4:29 PM

Lol, yeah I meant the WB being the shirt as opposed to shirtless althogether. 
Trying to catch some lady attention maybe? :)  

Quoting ReaIisticBeauty: He didn't have a shirt over it. I'm starting to think the only reason he asked for them is to show off his arms lol
Quoting cryssor:

BekahBrownEyes
by on May. 17, 2015 at 4:29 PM
5 moms liked this
I think it's despicable that society fully embraces & STILL uses this "nickname" for a simple white undershirt tank top.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 17, 2015 at 4:29 PM
3 moms liked this
They wear them, but we don't call them wife beaters in front of the kids, just tank tops...
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)