• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Calling all planners...help me plan a DD day.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 4 Replies
I really suck at party planning. I get overwhelmed and worried about the person celebrated isn't going to like what I do or get. So I need some help.

My DD turns 12 on Tues. What she loves most in the world is for things to be all about her (Drives me crazy.) So, for her bday gift, I'd like to create a photo album and put gift cards and itinerary items on each page (to be replaced by photos) and give her a "Day of DD".

I need some ideas though. My first page is going to have Starbucks gift card to start the morning with a tasty treat. So, what else? Nails done? Hair done? Dress/new outfit? (She likes getting all dolled up) What other things should I add in?

I did ask her what she'd want to do if she could plan the perfect day. She's like "buy a new puppy and swim with dolphins". Yeah, awesome.

What do you ladies think? Ideas?

EDIT: We're trying to avoid having friends along just because we want it to be all about her and other 12 yr old girls are basically patient zero when it comes to the annoying girl drama virus that happens at this age...
Posted by Anonymous on May. 17, 2015 at 4:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
poohbearkfc
by Gold Member on May. 17, 2015 at 4:23 PM
What about going to a shelter to play with the puppies.
poohbearkfc
by Gold Member on May. 17, 2015 at 4:25 PM
Maybe invite some of her friends to come get all dolled up. (Nails and hair but then have the parents bring fancy dresses and everyone get all fancy). Then go out to a fancy restaurant (or her favorite one).
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 17, 2015 at 4:27 PM
Eh...we live in a rural midwest town..the only animal shelter within an hour or more is the pound...and I'm pretty sure I could go in there and play with dogs that they're going to put down and not feel horrible about it... and we have a dog and will not be getting another when he's gone.

Quoting poohbearkfc: What about going to a shelter to play with the puppies.
ame85
by Chemistry cat on May. 17, 2015 at 4:31 PM

Hair, manicure, pedicure, maybe a good movie or dinner out at a fancy restaurant? 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)