Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The four types of people on Welfare noone talks about.

Posted by on May. 17, 2015 at 4:25 PM
  • 29 Replies
Read this and found it interesting. Thoughts? http://www.cracked.com/blog/the-4-types-people-welfare-nobody-talks-about_p2/

Actually read the article if you are going to comment. Would like an actual conversation about it.

In my state, one of the poorest, if not THE poorest, I find most of this to be true. We are the worst state to be a kid in, the education system is so bad I would never allow my children to be schooled in it. Like a commenter said people are shocked if you don't have a "food card" or when you wait to have more kids until you can afford them. And the tax refund thing is HUGE here!
by on May. 17, 2015 at 4:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 17, 2015 at 4:27 PM

No one*

ame85
by Chemistry cat on May. 17, 2015 at 4:28 PM

Everybody talks about every type of person on PA here. No matter the reason, it's the wrong one.

momofboys88
by Bronze Member on May. 17, 2015 at 4:32 PM
Who gives a shit?

Quoting Anonymous 1:

No one*

momofboys88
by Bronze Member on May. 17, 2015 at 4:33 PM
1 mom liked this
Did you even read it?

Quoting ame85:

Everybody talks about every type of person on PA here. No matter the reason, it's the wrong one.

TowerWife
by CrazyDogLady on May. 17, 2015 at 4:35 PM
I could only find two in the article.
ame85
by Chemistry cat on May. 17, 2015 at 4:35 PM

Yes, of course I did.

Quoting momofboys88: Did you even read it?
Quoting ame85:

momofboys88
by Bronze Member on May. 17, 2015 at 4:36 PM
There is a second page

Quoting TowerWife: I could only find two in the article.
amber710
by Platinum Member on May. 17, 2015 at 4:39 PM

My in-laws are like that. Every last one of them gets welfare and has their car break down every few months and bounce from unstable living situation to unstable living situation. I agree, that is their "normal". They do not think it has anything to do with anything they they do. It is just "life" and it is being done to them.

My DH is the only one out of 5 siblings to not end up that way. It really does get ingrained and passed down.

I do think it is strange how she gets indignant towards people who claim that there are welfare bums who have more kids to get more benefits. That is TRUE. I have had several of my in-laws tell me that I should just have more kids because if my family size were larger I could probably get aid (because people are so shocked when they say "Just use your food card." and I say that I don't have one). My FIL has even told me several times to have more kids, so I can get a big tax return check, because that is what he did with his last 2 kids. Wow. Just wow. That mentality is real. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 17, 2015 at 4:41 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh pardon me, I thought since you were seemingly posting an article for educational purposes that you would want to know when you're saying something ignorant. 

Quoting momofboys88: Who gives a shit?
Quoting Anonymous 1:

No one*

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 17, 2015 at 4:42 PM

copy paste the article.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)