Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

do you ever allow your children to dictate what you wear?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 31 Replies

If Im going to an event for my kids I will sometimes ask them what they would like me to wear.  Or I will choose 2-3 outfits and have them pick out which one to wear. 

This also seems to make it a bit easier when we are going to something and I need the kids to dress a particular way.  They seem to be a bit more accommodating to my requests .

Posted by Anonymous on May. 17, 2015 at 4:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
newwifenmom
by Platinum Member on May. 17, 2015 at 4:40 PM
No, he's 4
-saloonhoar-
by on May. 17, 2015 at 4:42 PM
2 moms liked this
No. I am the adult and the parent. I wear what I want. And they don't need to be more accommodating to my request. Again, I am the parent and the adult. They will wear what I say if I don't like their choice
othermom
by Ruby Member on May. 17, 2015 at 4:43 PM

No I don't, I usually wear jeans and a t-shirt though. I rarely pick what they wear either, they are good at picking out stuff. I occasionally tell them to change or ask them to dress nicer and they are usually good about it. Well not so much my older daughter, she has complained a few times

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 17, 2015 at 4:43 PM
No.
notjstasocermom
by Sapphire Member on May. 17, 2015 at 4:44 PM
No
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 17, 2015 at 4:44 PM

DD is very into her clothes, so she often has an opinion on mine.  Sometimes she'll say let's wear our black shirts and jeans or let's wear pink sweaters.  Sometimes she'll suggest don't wear that, you would look better in your red shirt.  It's fine.  I make suggestions to her, why shouldn't she do the same?

amber710
by Platinum Member on May. 17, 2015 at 4:45 PM

No, I never thought of it. They pick their clothes out alot of times though.

My son is only two, so for him this means "Do you want the Cars shirt or the Winnie the Pooh shirt?"

My DD is 6 and picks her clothes out every day. She knows when we are going to church or a party and knows by now what is appropriate for those events. She picks out very nice outfits, I almost never have to tell her to try something else. 

MommaK12906
by Member on May. 17, 2015 at 4:45 PM
1 mom liked this
Haha..... No! I don't let them dictate anything! I'm the mom! We pay the bills until then it's what we say goes!

Do I ask their opinion sometimes? Yes, sometimes.
Momma_bearTo2
by Bronze Member on May. 17, 2015 at 4:47 PM
No, sometimes DS will tell me an outfit makes me look "really pretty" so I'll wear it though. He's 5 so it's adorable!
SallySkellingtn
by Silver Member on May. 17, 2015 at 4:47 PM
1 mom liked this
No. I'm the mom, I wear what I want. They are the kids, they have no say.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)