Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Without Tainting The Jury Pool

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 51 Replies

Poll

Question: Should the woman begin to allow the children to see biological dad or Should she let her DH adopt them?

Options:

Yes. She should allow bio dad back in the picture

No. She should not allow him back in the pcture.

She should not allow dh to adopt the children

She should allow dh to adopt the children

Other. Because there is always an other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 107

View Results

YOU ARE THE JURY

HERE ARE THE FACTS OF THE CASE

Man and Woman have 2 children

Man is abusive to the woman and is neglectful of the children

Man develops an addiction in which he steals from his family to support his habit

Woman stays with man until she is not able to take anymore beatings and abuse and getting robbed

Man finds woman (stalks) and threatens to kill her because she opened a child support case

Woman closes the case and moves away to keep herself and the children safe.

6 years go by with no contact.

Man has been "clean" for less than one year and is now insisting on seeing his kids.

Woman has remarried and the legal time frame has passed for the children to be adopted without informing biological father.

AS A JUROR WHAT SAY YOU?

Posted by Anonymous on May. 17, 2015 at 4:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KairisMama
by Emerald Member on May. 17, 2015 at 5:00 PM
Nope. I'd not trust that he's changed when he once had stalking behaviors. I'd want him to stay the F away and my new DH and kids to move on with our lives.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 17, 2015 at 5:03 PM
1 mom liked this
I'd choose two but I can't. :( why can't I vote for two options?

I'd pick 2 and 4. :)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 17, 2015 at 5:04 PM

which two?

Quoting Anonymous 2: I'd choose two but I can't. :( why can't I vote for two options?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 17, 2015 at 5:05 PM
Sorry I edited. 2 & 4

Quoting Anonymous 1:

which two?

Quoting Anonymous 2: I'd choose two but I can't. :( why can't I vote for two options?

vegaswife2011
by LMAO on May. 17, 2015 at 5:06 PM
I voted #2.
PrncssToadstool
by on May. 17, 2015 at 5:06 PM
1 mom liked this

Blood is thicker than water.  I would give it a trial run with ONLY supervised visitation with the dad.  If he has changed, great, I would proceed.  If not, it would be "bye felicia" all over again.

ame85
by Chemistry cat on May. 17, 2015 at 5:06 PM

That's a hard one. If it were just the addiction that's one thing, as I think people with addictions CAN change, but being abusive is unforgivable to me. 

It sucks, but there are consequences to poor decision making and sometimes that's losing access to the people you should have put above everything else.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 17, 2015 at 5:07 PM
If her ex is now in contact with her and asking to see the kids, he can contest her attempt to have her dh adopt the kids. She shouldn't have waited this long. If he files for visitation, she is screwed.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 17, 2015 at 5:08 PM

Here's the problem

He found us about a year ago and made all sorts of promises which he has already broken

If I allow him visitation now then the 5 year clock has to start all over again for my dh to be able to adopt

Quoting PrncssToadstool:

Blood is thicker than water.  I would give it a trial run with ONLY supervised visitation with the dad.  If he has changed, great, I would proceed.  If not, it would be "bye felicia" all over again.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 17, 2015 at 5:10 PM

he doesnt know where i live and he also has not paid support for 6 years. in my state no support for five years constitues abandonment we don't even have to tell him they are being adopted

Quoting Anonymous 3: If her ex is now in contact with her and asking to see the kids, he can contest her attempt to have her dh adopt the kids. She shouldn't have waited this long. If he files for visitation, she is screwed.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)