Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I make my own "starbuck's drinks"

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies
I just made my own "caramel macchiato". I had some leftover brewed coffee from this morning, added ice, 1/2 and 1/2 and some smucker's caramel sauce. It tasted the same and cost pennies.

A real one costs $4. If you have one daily that equals $120 per month! What a rip.

Are you frugal like me or a spender? What do you save and splurge on?
Posted by Anonymous on May. 17, 2015 at 5:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 17, 2015 at 5:10 PM
Bump
Bohemian_Pirate
by A Landscapers Love on May. 17, 2015 at 5:12 PM
I make knock off Starbucks all the time, dd and I love pumkinspice, Passion fruit, and Mocha so much.

So I had to figure out how to make them all at home. ;)
amylovesnick07
by Gold Member on May. 17, 2015 at 5:13 PM
Nothing wrong with that. :) I do the same thing and it's much cheaper.
A.Whovian
by on May. 17, 2015 at 5:14 PM
I drink black coffee at home. If I want something fancy I go to Starbucks.
PeppermintyTea
by on May. 17, 2015 at 5:16 PM
I make coffee, and other similar drinks at home (we have a bean grinder, french press, regular coffee maker, espresso maker, and frappuccino maker)... I also go out for coffee quite a bit, but rarely Starbucks here since there are so many other options that have more variety. I guess in general I am more of if I want I'll buy it, but I don't just splurge constantly.
luckysevenwow
by Emerald Member on May. 17, 2015 at 5:17 PM
I've learned to make my own, not cause of cost, but because I live rural and running to Starbucks is t really an option for me.
702girly
by on May. 17, 2015 at 5:17 PM

I do the same thing. I hate Starbuck's coffe. I think it smells like cat piss. I don't know why people rave about it. You have to put so much shit in it to make it palatable.

Bohemian_Pirate
by A Landscapers Love on May. 17, 2015 at 5:19 PM
1 mom liked this
Girl I am moving in with you! I just got my first coffee maker in 5 years lol. Been living on 'fancy' instant coffee.

Quoting PeppermintyTea: I make coffee, and other similar drinks at home (we have a bean grinder, french press, regular coffee maker, espresso maker, and frappuccino maker)... I also go out for coffee quite a bit, but rarely Starbucks here since there are so many other options that have more variety. I guess in general I am more of if I want I'll buy it, but I don't just splurge constantly.
Mom-to-2kids
by Sapphire Member on May. 17, 2015 at 5:19 PM
I have a mr coffee frappe maker. I havenf bought Starbucks in years lol
KairisMama
by Sapphire Member on May. 17, 2015 at 5:19 PM
I go to Starbucks once a week for a Danish and drink. I couldn't imagine going daily.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)